- Title: GERMANY: FLOOD LEVELS IN COLOGNE RECEDE
- Date: 27th March 2001
- Summary: (W6) COLOGNE, GERMANY (MARCH 26, 2001) (REUTERS) 1. TRACKING SHOT OF FLOODED STREET IN COLOGNE RESIDENTIAL AREA, ROW OF SANDBAGS IN BACKGROUND; SLV SANDBAGS (3 SHOTS) 0.27 2. SLV HOUSES; SLV RESCUER CARRYING PORTABLE RADIATOR INTO HOUSE; SLV TRACTOR CARRYING SCAFFOLDING THROUGH FLOODS 0.48 3. SLV FLOODED GARAGE; SLV RESCUER IN BOAT; MV PERSON WADING THROUGH FLOODS; SLV FLOODED OPEN GARAGE (3 SHOTS) 1.06 4. MV RESCUER GIVING INTERVIEW; SLV MAN WALKING THROUGH FLOODED STREET; SLV FLOODED GARDEN; SLV RESCUER IN RUBBER DINGHY (3 SHOTS) 1.19 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 11th April 2001 13:00
- Location: COLOGNE, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA7C3P7GIHY7XVN7OV2Z6SWPFX6
- Story Text: Flood levels in Germany's fourth largest city are
receding as last week's heavy rains have stopped.
Rescuers in rubber dinghys offered lifts to people still
stranded in their flooded homes in Cologne on Monday (March 26).
Heavy rainfall caused the rivers Rhine and Mosel in
western Germany to flood several towns last week.
Parts of Cologne on the Rhine river were completely
flooded and the water level was only slowly receding.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None