- Title: Brad Pitt makes red carpet return at 'The Lost City of Z' premiere
- Date: 6th April 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 5, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEDIA ON THE RED CARPET AND SIGNAGE VARIOUS OF BRAD PITT POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS BRAD PITT WALKING THE RED CARPET VARIOUS OF SIENNA MILLER POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF CHARLIE HUNNAM POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR CHARLIE HUNNAM SAYING: "Well, I mean I think one of the things Fawcett was so remarkable in his approach to the indigenous people of Amazonia was his eagerness to learn from them and to go in being totally objective and had a desire not to marginalize or assume that he was better." CHARLIE HUNNAM TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR CHARLIE HUNNAM ON FACIAL HAIR ENVY ON SET SAYING: "I showed up with a rather lovely looking beard and then Rob(ert Pattinson) showed up and said, 'Ha Ha, that's a lovely little beard... lovely LITTLE beard" because he had this magnificent creation and I just said, 'Alright, I guess I'm shaving because there's no competing with that." CHARLIE HUNNAM TALKING TO MEDIA SIENNA MILLER TALKING TO MEDIA TOM HOLLAND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ROBERT PATTINSON POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ROBERT PATTINSON TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR ROBERT PATTINSON SAYING: "I like anything that allows me not to act at all so I really enjoyed it. If you're in a river, in boiling heat, and monsoon rain with crocodiles you're just kind of... there's only really one way to behave and it's sort of relatively convincing hopefully." ROBERT PATTINSON TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR ROBERT PATTINSON ON THE ON SET 'BEARD CLUB' SAYING: "It's more kind of vagrant than hipster but yeah, then it kind of did get a little bit too much and I did feel like I was very much part of the beard gang which I didn't really want to be part of so I was glad to get rid of it." TOM HOLLAND TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR TOM HOLLAND ON HIS WORST MOMENT ON SET SAYING: "James asked me to lie down and pretend to be asleep and obviously that means getting down on the floor and getting down on the floor is where all the bugs live and they just crawled all over me and ate me alive so it wasn't the most glamorous day but it's definitely a cool scene in the movie and it's a good story." CAST AND DIRECTOR POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WIDE OF CAST TALKING TO MEDIA ON THE RED CARPET (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR TOM HOLLAND ON THE SPIDER-MAN SPOTLIGHT SAYING: "It's quite difficult to prepare yourself for. I just keep asking friends who I think have been through it like Rob, Zendaya, Robert Downey Jr is the perfect person to go to for advice and they're just helping me out and kind of guiding me down the right path and telling me what is the best thing to do." WIDE OF MEDIA ON THE RED CARPET DIRECTOR JAMES GRAY TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIRECTOR JAMES GRAY ON HIRING A BRITISH CAST SAYING: "Absolutely. We were committed to that and I didn't want to have any actors trying to do it because as you can hear from mine, it's terrible and there's always a hole somewhere in the accent and somebody's going to point that out and the suspension of disbelief is critical so... also I wanted to be culturally respectful in all ways." DIRECTOR JAMES GRAY TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) DIRECTOR JAMES GRAY ON HIS CHALLENGES ON SET SAYING: "I know it seems to be a silly thing to comment on but mud was my big enemy and for the whole crew and the actors. When mud starts to get two feet thick and you get stuck in it, you can't move and the cameras can't move and nothing can move." AUTHOR DAVID GRANN TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) AUTHOR DAVID GRANN ON SEEING HIS BOOK COME TO LIFE SAYING: "I actually visited them in Columbia when they were shooting the jungle scenes and when we first arrived I got there and I saw this figure walking out of the jungle and he was wearing this heavy kind of flannel army gear, he was bearded, his face was all dirty and I was like, 'it looks like Percy Harrison Fawcett' and it was Charlie Hunnam walking towards me." MEDIA ON THE RED CARPET FILMING SIENNA MILLER AND TOM HOLLAND BRAD PITT WITH DIRECTOR JAMES GRAY AND UNIDENTIFIED GUEST POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ANJELICA HUSTON POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS SIGNAGE ON THE RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 20th April 2017 06:46
- Keywords: The Lost City of Z premiere Brad Pitt Charlie Hunnam Robert Pattinson Sienna Miller Tom Holland Los Angeles LA
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0026B9FOST
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Brad Pitt made his red carpet return when he turned up to join Charlie Hunnam, Robert Pattinson, Sienna Miller and Tom Holland on the red carpet for the Los Angeles premiere of their new movie, "The Lost City of Z" in Los Angeles on Wednesday night (April 5).
The event marked the first time that Pitt had attended a red carpet event in four months. His production company Plan B is part of the team behind the movie.
"The Lost City of Z" is a period piece based on the book by author David Grann, which details the true story of explorer Col. Percival Fawcett who disappeared while searching for a mysterious city in the Amazon in the 1920s.
Fawcett's first attempt ended prematurely and during a second 1925 expedition, Fawcett, and his son Jack, disappeared in the Mato Grosso jungle.
In the film, Percival is played by Charlie Hunnam with Tom Holland taking on the role of Jack, while Sienna Miller plays Percival's wife.
"The Lost City of Z," directed and written by James Gray, opens in theaters on April 14, 2017.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None