- Title: Freeman, Caine talk ageism and 'bromance' at 'Going in Style' London screening
- Date: 5th April 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (APRIL 5, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTORS MICHAEL CAINE AND MORGAN FREEMAN, SAYING (ON MAKING SIX MOVIES TOGETHER): CAINE: "Is that what they call it, a bromance? Someone said that earlier I thought what are we doing a bromance, what's that?" FREEMAN: "What's that?" CAINE: "Brother-mance, brother romance, bromance." FREEMAN: "Bromance, oh I've heard that term before, its' a new one, it just came out last year, bromance, am I right about that?" CAINE: "I've been watching television I haven't been out much." FREEMAN: "Well anyhow. What was your question?" VARIOUS OF CAINE AND FREEMAN BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTORS MICHAEL CAINE AND MORGAN FREEMAN, SAYING (ON WHAT THEY CONSIDER TO BE STYLISH): CAINE: "What do you mean?" FREEMAN: "Going in style." CAINE: "Oh going in style." FREEMAN: "Yeah, a Rolls Royce, or private planes..." CAINE: "No what I'm looking for is a 4k projector, that's all. That's why I made the movie, I'm going to get one next week." VARIOUS OF CAINE AND FREEMAN BEING INTERVIEWED
- Embargoed: 19th April 2017 20:23
- Keywords: Going In Style Morgan Freeman Michael Caine ageism
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0046B4JYA5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Veteran actors Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine hit out at Hollywood ageism and spoke about their 'bromance' as they attended a special screening of their sixth film together, 'Going in Style', in London on Wednesday (April 5).
The remake of the 1979 movie of the same name centres around three senior citizens (with Alan Arkin making up the trio) who decide to rob a bank when they have their pensions taken away from them.
Caine, 84, and Freeman, 79, said that the film was a commentary on ageism in Hollywood, and said that their continuing roles in films was proof that the situation was improving.
They also said they find acting becomes easier as they grow older - although were apparently unfamiliar with the contemporary term 'bromance' when asked about making their sixth film together.
'Going in Style', directed by Zach Braff, hits UK and US cinemas on April 7.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None