YUGOSLAVIA: FRENCH DELEGATION DEMAND THAT THEY TOLD THE THE WHEREABOUTS OF TWO FRENCH PILOTSRecord ID: 636641
- Title: YUGOSLAVIA: FRENCH DELEGATION DEMAND THAT THEY TOLD THE THE WHEREABOUTS OF TWO FRENCH PILOTS
- Date: 7th December 1995
- Summary: BELGRADE, YUGOSLAVIA (DECEMBER 7, 1995) (AGENCY POOL - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV FEDERAL ASSEMBLY BUILDING WITH YUGSLAV FLAG ON TOP OF IT 0.09 2. SV FIVE-MEMBER FRENCH DELEGATION WALKING INTO PARLIAMENT BUILDING AND SHAKING HANDS WITH YUGOSLAV PARLIAMENTARIANS 0.33 3. SV THE TWO PARLIAMENTARY GROUPS SEATED AT TABLE AND TALKING 1.21 4. SCU FRENCH GAULLIST MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT FRANCOIS GUILLAUME SAYS THEY WILL DISCLOSE ALL CONTACTS THEY HAVE MADE AND INFORMATION THEY HAVE RECEIVED. THE ISSUE WILL INFLUENCE RELATIONS BETWEEN FRANCE AND YUGOSLAVIA (FRENCH) 2.10 5. SCU FRENCH SOCIALIST MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT JEAN-YVES LE DEAU SAYS THEY WANT THE WALL OF SILENCE TO BE TORN DOWN (FRENCH) 2.36 6. SCU GUILLAME SPEAKING (FRENCH) 3.04 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVABU2RO8LRAHDZK0ZXS2WCMCJ5F
- Location: BELGRADE, YUGOSLAVIA
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Duration: 00:03:07
- Story Text: A five-member French parliamentary delegation investigating the whereabouts of two French pilots brought down in Bosnia on Thursday (December 7) demanded "the veil of secrecy be lifted" by the Bosnian Serbs.
The comments were made as the delegation arrived at the the federal assembly building in Belgrade to meet Yugoslav memmbers of parliament.
After the meeting, the head of French delegation, Gaullist deputy Francois Guillaume, said, "We shall give a press conference at the end of our mission here to disclose all the contacts we have made and the definite information we received on the subject of our pilots. This affair is of essential importance for France and will condition all future relations between our two countries.".
Guillaume's colleague, Socialist deputy Jean Yves le Deau, added "We demand that the wall of silence be torn down. We have asked very firm questions and we consider this meeting a step forward." The two pilots, Captain Frederic Chiffot and Lieutenant Jose Souvignet, were last seen photographed in the hands of their Bosnian Serb captors shortly after their Mirage 2000 was shot down near Bosnian Serb stronghold of Pale.
They came down during during NATO air strikes on August 30th.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:22nd December 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None