BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: U.S. SURVEY PREPARES FOR THE ARRIVAL OF 20,000 U.S. PEACEKEEPING TROOPSRecord ID: 636651
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: U.S. SURVEY PREPARES FOR THE ARRIVAL OF 20,000 U.S. PEACEKEEPING TROOPS
- Date: 30th November 1995
- Summary: TUZLA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (NOVEMBER 30, 1995) (POOL - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV EXTERIOR OF UNITED NATIONS (U.N.) BASE AT AIRPORT 0.07 2. SV SWEDISH U.N. SOLDIER GUARDING MAIN ENTRANCE 0.10 3. SV SWEDISH U.N.TROOPS DRIVING ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) OUT OF GATES 0.19 4. SV UNITED STATES (U.S.) AIR FORCE TEAM ON AIRPORT RUNWAY WITH FRENCH U.N. SOLDIER 0.23 5. SV MEN REMOVING MINE DETECTION EQUIPMENT FROM BACK OF VEHICLE 0.38 6. SV MEN CHECKING FOR MINES -- PUTTING ON SAFETY EQUIPMENT 0.47 7. SV U.S. AIRFORCE CREW USING DYNAMIC CONE PENETRAMETER TO CHECK THE QUALITY OF THE SOIL BELOW THE RUNWAY 1.07 8. SV COLONEL NEIL PATTON TALKING TO MEDIA 1.10 9. SCU PATTON SPEAKING (ENGLISH) 1.26 10. SV SOLDIER MEASURING THE LENGTH OF THE RUNWAYS, WALKING PAST HELICOPTER LANDING POSITION 1.54 SEQUENCE 9 TRANSCRIPT: PATTON "WHEN WE BUILD THESE PLANS WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT TO DO AND HOW MANY THINGS WE WANT TO MOVE AND WANT TO HAPPEN. BUT NOW ONCE WE GET CHANCE TO LOOK AT ROADS AND AIRFIELDS WE KNOW THE CAPACITY OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE TO HANDLE WHAT WE WANT TO DO." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAEEAULDG7HC4KA4TA9UFJXXSJY
- Location: TUZLA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:01:57
- Story Text: A United States (U.S.) survey team continued its inspection of Tuzla airport on Thursday (November 30) in preparation for the arrival of more than 20,000 U.S soldiers as part of a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) implementation force.
The U.S. Air Force site survey team, headed by Colonel Neil Patton flew into Sarajevo on Wednesday (November 29) for the two-day inspection tour.
Colonel Patton said the results of his team's visit would determine the exact number and types of aircraft NATO would use when ferrying and then supplying the American troops expected to be based in the Tuzla region.
The site survey team also inspected road and rail networks in the Tuzla region before returning to Sarajevo on Thursday evneing.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:15th December 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None