- Title: U.A.R.: TITO AND SADAT MEETING IN CAIRO
- Date: 20th February 1971
- Summary: 1. GV EXT. Kubbeh Palace 0.05 2. SV INT. Tito greeted by Sadat and other Ministers 0.13 3. LV Delegates seated round table 0.20 4. CU ZOOM OUT President Tito seated next to President Sadat 0.34 5. CU Sadat 0.40 6. SV Egyptian Ministers seated including Mohammed Fawzi (in uniform 0.50 7. SCU Other Egyptian Ministers 0.53 8. GV Yugoslav delegates(PAN) 1.06 9. LV Delegates seated round table 1.10 Initials VH/1715 VH/1730 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA9Q1C5BWASW7ZWLLM6DU2ORNUT
- Location: CAIRO, U.A.R.
- Country: Egypt
- Duration: 00:01:10
- Story Text: President Joseph Tito of Yugoslavia, who has been paying a state visit to the United Arab Republic, had formal discussions with President Anwar Sadat at the Qubbeh Palace in Cairo, yesterday, 19th February.
After their meeting the two Presidents issued a joint communique condemning Israel's attitude towards a settlement in the Middle East. The communique expressed full support for U Thant, the United Nations Secretary General, and for his mission to the middle East led by Dr. Gunnar Jarring.
SYNOPSIS: At the Qubbeh Palace in Cairo, President Anwar Sadat held a formal conference with his state guest, President Joseph Tito of Yugoslavia.
Their meeting marked the end of President Tito's week-long state visit to the United Arab Republic.
The meeting discussed the whole problem of the Middle East in which President Tito is widely regarded as playing a background diplomatic role.
After the discussions the two Presidents issued a joint communique condemning Israel for its attitude towards a settlement in the Middle East.
At the conference, the Presidents were assisted by their ministers and aides and by other advisers who accompanied President Tito on his state visit.
President Tito has now returned to Yugoslavia.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th March 1971 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None