- Title: GHANA: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COCOA MARKETING AND PRODUCTION
- Date: 9th April 1973
- Summary: 1. GV EXT University of Ghana 0.06 2. CU Cocoa conference 0.08 3. SV INT. Delegates seated 0.14 4. SV, CU Bekos speaking 0.21 5. SV Audience listen 0.24 6. SV Agbo & others 0.27 7. SCU Agbo 0.30 8. SV Audience 0.34 9. SV Agbo speaking 0.38 10. SV Audience 0.42 11. CU, LV Agbo 0.53 University of Ghana ext. audience; Porf. Bekoe speaking; Major Agbo speaking. Initials SGM/0513 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA7UU2ARG98J3S8O02IAXDUCU3Z
- Location: Legon, Ghana
- Country: Ghana
- Duration: 00:00:53
- Story Text: The first international conference on the marketing and production of cocoa opened on Monday (April 9) at the University of Ghana in Legon. Professor A.D. Bekos welcomed the delegates. In the opening speech, Major K.B. Agbo, Commissioner for Industries, said that research into the production and marketing of cocoa should be put on a more scientific basis.
The four-day conference is being attended by delegates from cocoa-producing countries such as Nigeria, Brazil and the Ivory Coast, and consumers such as the U.S.A., Britain and Sweden.
A report has predicted a steep decline in cocoa production this year because of bad weather conditions.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th April 1973 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None