YUGOSLAVIA: PEOPLE GATHER IN THE TOWN OF PANCEVO TO DEMAND THE RESIGNATION OF YUGOSLAV PRESIDENT SLOBODAN MILOSEVICRecord ID: 636729
- Title: YUGOSLAVIA: PEOPLE GATHER IN THE TOWN OF PANCEVO TO DEMAND THE RESIGNATION OF YUGOSLAV PRESIDENT SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC
- Date: 24th July 1999
- Summary: PANCEVO, SERBIA, YUGOSLAVIA (JULY 23, 1999) (REUTERS) 1. SV/CU/MCU PEOPLE SIGNING PETITION FOR RESIGNATION OF YUGOSLAV PRESIDENT SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC (3 SHOTS) 0.09 2. SV CROWD 0.14 3. CU BOY WITH A STICKER ON THE FRONT OF HIS HEAD READING "RESIGNATION OR SURVIVAL." 0.17 4. SLV OFFICIALS ARRIVING AT PODIUM 0.24 5. SV OF CROWD 0.27 6. MCU OF OFFICIALS 0.36 7. CU OF HAND MAKING V SIGN IN CROWD 0.39 8. TV OF RALLY (2 SHOTS) 0.47 9. MCU (Serbo-Croat) VESNA PESIC, LEADER OF THE CITIZEN'S UNION, SAYING "After three years we are protesting again." 0.55 10. SLV PEOPLE ON THE ROOF OF A NEARBY HOUSE HOLDING A BANNER READING "LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT YOU WERE GONE." 0.58 11. SV OF CROWD 1.03 12. MCU PESIC ADDRESSING CROWD 1.09 13. MCU PEOPLE CHANTING 1.13 14. MCU (Serbo-Croat) SLOBODAN VUKSANOVIC, VICE PRESIDENT OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, SAYING "It is very simple. We are asking for resignation because they are having huge amounts of money in their accounts and pensioners dont have pensions. They are building villas and there is no money for soldiers." 1.39 15. SV/LV CROWD APPLAUDING 1.46 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVAQXDN0R8G0QF33G0U82V46HFV
- Location: PANCEVO, SERBIA, YUGOSLAVIA
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Duration: 00:01:46
- Story Text: An estimated 3,000 people have gathered in the main
square of the Yugoslav town of Pancevo to demand the
resignation of Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic.
About 3,000 opposition supporters gathered in the
main square of the industrial town of Pancevo outside Belgrade
on Friday (July 23), calling for Yugoslav President Slobodan
Milosevic to resign.
Under heavy rain, the protesters organised by the
opposition Alliance for Change carried a banner reading: "For
how long will you go on"
The rally in this small industrial town near Belgrade was
the latest in a series of demonstrations demanding the removal
of Milosevic.More than 350,000 signatures have been
collected so far in Serbia, according to the Alliance's officials.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:8th August 1999 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None