YUGOSLAVIA: KLA HAND OVER AROUND 80 SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES AHEAD OF KEY DEADLINE IN WHICH IT MUST GIVE UP 60 PERCENT OF ITS WEAPONSRecord ID: 636751
- Title: YUGOSLAVIA: KLA HAND OVER AROUND 80 SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES AHEAD OF KEY DEADLINE IN WHICH IT MUST GIVE UP 60 PERCENT OF ITS WEAPONS
- Date: 16th August 1999
- Summary: PRISTINA, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA (AUGUST 16, 1999)(REUTERS) 1. SV BRITISH K-FOR SOLDIER OPENING VAULT 0.13 2. SV ARMED SOLDIER GUARDING VAULT 0.17 (AUDIO AS INCOMING) 3. MV SOUNDBITE (English) SERGEANT DARREN CARTER "Today we've had handed in weapons of 151 Brigade of various types, from the AK-47 and its several variants to the RPK which is a light machine gun. Also we've had single bolt action weapons." 0.42 4. TV WEAPONS PILED ON RACKS 0.48 5. MV KLA SLOGAN ON WALL 0.53 6. VARIOUS SERGEANT CARTER COUNTING THE WEAPONS (3 SHOTS) 1.09 7. VARIOUS OF WEAPONS PILED ON FLOOR 1.15 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA4JD1CNEE414YPOK3KZEX7ELR
- Location: PRISTINA, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Duration: 00:01:15
- Story Text: The KLA have handed in about 80 semi-automatic rifles
ahead of a key deadline on Thursday by which the guerrilla
army must have given up 60 per cent of its weapons.
Local commentators are worried that the Kosovo Liberation
Army (KLA) may not be sticking to their side of the agreement.
The British 'Independent' newspaper reported on Monday
(August 16) that weapons from the KLA that should have been
surrendered to NATO troops were on sale through agents in Britain.
Arms dealers have allegedly been offered high explosives,
grenades and anti-personnel mines as well as rifles like those
handed over on Monday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:31st August 1999 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None