CONGO-KINSHASA: DARING "FALCONS" DEFEAT "MONSTER" DRAGONS IN SURPRISE SOCCER VICTORY.Record ID: 636752
- Title: CONGO-KINSHASA: DARING "FALCONS" DEFEAT "MONSTER" DRAGONS IN SURPRISE SOCCER VICTORY.
- Date: 22nd May 1970
- Summary: 1. GV Dragons kick off - ball passed back to Dragon, backs then kicked towards Daring's end 0.17 2. MV Spectators 0.19 3. GV Dragons attack - ball carried up field - cleared by Daring towards Dragon's end 0.34 4. MV Spectators 0.35 5. SLV Daring score their first goal 0.37 6. GV Crowd cheer 0.40 7. SV Play culminating in Dragons equalising 0.45 8. SV PAN Crowd cheer 0.46 9. GV Brisk mid-field play 1.02 10. MV Spectators 1.04 11. GV Play culminating in Daring scoring their third goal 1.12 12. GV Crowd cheer 1.15 13. LV Scoreboard "Daring 3 - Dragons I" 1.16 14. GV Good play with Daring playing skilfully 1.26 15. CU Spectators 1.28 16. GV Brisk play 1.38 17. GV Crowd 1.39 18. GV Play with Daring scoring their fourth goal 1.47 19. GV Crowd cheers (2 shots) 1.54 Initials LD/VS/JF/PS LD/VS/JF/MH SPORT: SOCCER Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA8IBRNFC0DKFRODLJXARYOLY3X
- Location: KINSHASA, CONGO-KINSHASA
- Country: Congo, Democratic Republic of
- Duration: 00:01:54
- Story Text: At Kinshasa's Tata Raphael Stadium, Daring "Falcons" scored a 4-1 victory over "Monster" Dragons in the Congolese Soccer Championships. It is the first time Daring have defeated the Dragons in ten years of confrontations.
Because of their previous record, Dragons were the favourites and they took an early offensive. Daring, however, was on home ground and stopped the attack, carrying the ball back towards Dragon's goal, where Kakoko scored their first goal before the first minute of play was up.
Supporters of the home team were jubilant-but Dragons lost no time in retaliating and Magie scored a blistering equaliser two minutes later.
The Daring "Falcons" went ahead again when Tex scored a second goal and, by half-time star-player Kakoko reinforced their lead by taking the ball through the "Monster" defence with an effective dribble and scoring his team's third goal.
By the start of the second half, the home team was confidently unstoppable. Playing with well-coordinated team work, they attacked and parried and passed around their opponents.
Then, to make absolutely certain of their victory, kakoko scored again, his third goal in an afternoon which brought his team a 4-1 victory over their traditional arch-rivals.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th June 1970 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None