- Title: YUGOSLAVIA: GROMYKO
- Date: 1st January 1969
- Summary: 1. SV Airport building Belgrade (2 shots) 0.06 2. SV Mr. Mrs Murko Tepavak waiting 0.13 3. SV Aircraft taxiis in 0.22 4. Sv Tepavak & other officials waiting 0.26 5. SV Gromyko down steps from aircraft and welcomed (3 shots) 0.50 6. SV Gromyko walking from aircraft & receives flowers from small girl. 1.07 7. SV Gromyko shakes hands with VIPs (3 shots) 1.22 8. GV Int Conference room. 1.25 9. SV Yugoslav party PAN to Russian party 1.31 10. CU Gromyko 1.34 11. GV Conference room 1.38 Initials MJS/VS/AS Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVAC4URPE42GKHFZ9MBQDHRZUIM5
- Location: BELGRADE
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Duration: 00:01:39
- Story Text: Soviet Foreign Minister Andrei Gromyko flew in to Belgrade, the Yugoslavian capital, yesterday. (2 September)
Mr. Marko Tepavak, the Yugoslav Foreign Secretary, and his wife, waited with other Foreign Office personnel to greet him.
The Soviet Minister is on a five-day visit, accompanied by his wife.
At the reception ceremony, he was presented with flowers by a young girl, and introduced to members of the welcoming party. Among them was the Soviet Ambassador to Belgrade, Mr. Ivan Benefiktov.
After the reception, the two Foreign Ministers began the first of a series of discussions on international affairs. The emphasis, said Yugoslav official sources, would be on Europe.
The talks, seen as efforts to normalise relations after last year's intervention in Czechoslovakia, continued today. Mr. Gromyko will meet Yugoslav President Tito tomorrow.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:16th January 1969 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None