FRANCE: FOUAD ALI SALAH AND THREE OTHER MEN BELIEVED TO BE HIZBOLLAH MEMBERS BEHIND FATAL BOMB ATTACKS IN PARIS...
- Title: FRANCE: FOUAD ALI SALAH AND THREE OTHER MEN BELIEVED TO BE HIZBOLLAH MEMBERS BEHIND FATAL BOMB ATTACKS IN PARIS IN 1985 AND 1986 GO ON TRIAL
- Date: 2nd April 1992
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (APRIL 2, 1992) 1. GV AND SV EXTERIOR OF PALAIS DE JUSTICE (2 SHOTS) 0.06 2. SVS ARMED POLICE CHECKING PEOPLE AND CARS (4 SHOTS) 0.18 3. GV PAN AND GV ARMOURED VEHICLES BRINGING ACCUSED ARRIVE (2 SHOTS) 0.40 4. GV AND SVS INTERIORS OF COURT BUILDING, POLICE, SIGN (5 SHOTS) 0.53 5. GV EXTERIOR COURT SEEN THROUGH BARS 0.57 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAB73N46ZKQXY5KF5UD7JTMAY4G
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Duration: 00:00:57
- Story Text: Four men believed to have been behind several bomb attacks in Paris in 1985 and 1986 went on trial in the French capital on Thursday (April 2).
Fouad Ali Salah and three alleged accomplices appeared at the Palais de Jusitce and were charged with murder and attempted murder.
The bombing campaign left 13 dead and more than 300 injured.
French prosecutors said in court that Salah and his co-accused, Hassan Aroua, Omar Agnaou and Abdelhamid Badaoui, were recruited by the Iranian-backed Hizbollah (Party of God). They were ordered to carry out bombings in revenge for France's support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war, said the prosecution.
All the men are currently serving sentences for drugs offences and criminal association with "terrorist" organisations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:17th April 1992 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None