RUSSIA: THE MURKY DEPTHS OF THE MOSCOW METRO ARE THE SITE FOR A GIVENCHY'S AUTUMN AND WINTER FASHION SHOW
- Title: RUSSIA: THE MURKY DEPTHS OF THE MOSCOW METRO ARE THE SITE FOR A GIVENCHY'S AUTUMN AND WINTER FASHION SHOW
- Date: 16th November 1997
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (NOVEMBER 16, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV/SV INTERIOR OF MAYAKOVSKAYA METRO STATION/ VARIOUS OF TRAIN ARRIVING IN THE STATION, DOORS OPENING (3 SHOTS) 0.19 2. SLV/CU INTERIOR CARRIAGE/ WORD "GIVENCHY" WRITTEN ON A WINDOW (2 SHOTS) 0.27 3. SV/SLV GUESTS SEATED,BEING GIVEN DRINKS ON TRAIN (2 SHOTS) 0.38 4. SV/SLV TRAIN ARRIVING AT STATION, GUESTS COMING OUT (3 SHOTS) 0.53 5. LV/SV OF GIVENCHY MEN'S COLLECTION BEING PRESENTED (5 SHOTS) 1.22 6. LV/SV OF GIVENCHY WOMEN'S COLLECTION (9 SHOTS) 2.16 7. LV/SV OF CATWALK, MODELS COME ON AT END OF SHOW (5 SHOTS) 2.48 Initials P3 S3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA3NYX022EWPBV528942FZXBRVD
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:48
- Story Text: - INTRO: The murky depths of the Moscow metro were the unlikely site for a fashion show when Givenchy's Autumn and Winter 97-98 collection were presented in Russia.
High fashion left luxurious halls behind on Sunday (November 16) when it descended into the cold Stalinist interior of a Moscow underground train station for the presentation of Givenchy's 1997-1998 Autumn and Winter collection.
A special train brought the guests of the show from Mayakovskaya metro station in the centre of Moscow into a dark underground hangar where a catwalk was sandwiched between two trains.
The show, staged by Givenchy chief designer Alexandre McQueen, was described by observers as the "oddest-ever show" yet.
McQueen, who is on a promotional tour in Russia, made sure he attracted the public's attention for his show, by staging it two days before the official start of high fashion week in Moscow.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:1st December 1997 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None