BOSNIA: REBEL MOSLEM FORCES LOYAL TO FIKRET ABDIC CLAIM THEY HAVE COMPLETELY SURROUNDED VELIKA KLADUSARecord ID: 639620
- Title: BOSNIA: REBEL MOSLEM FORCES LOYAL TO FIKRET ABDIC CLAIM THEY HAVE COMPLETELY SURROUNDED VELIKA KLADUSA
- Date: 16th December 1994
- Summary: NEAR VELIKA KLADUSA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (DECEMBER 16, 1994)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV SMOKE RISING FROM BUILDINGS NEAR VELIKA KLADUSA 0.09 2. SV REBEL MOSLEM SOLDIERS MOVING THROUGH TREES 0.14 3. SV MOSLEM SOLDIER DIRECTING ARTILLERY ATTACK (2 SHOTS) 0.31 4. SV MOSLEM SOLDIERS (3 SHOTS) 0.47 5. SV SOLDIERS MOVING ALONG ROAD (2 SHOTS) 1.02 6. SV SMOKE RISING FROM HOUSES (7 SHOTS) 2.12 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA8LFYE99Z1S87671EX7UYY3H2P
- Location: VELIKA KLADUSA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:15
- Story Text: Rebel Moslem forces loyal to Fikret Abdic on Friday (December 16) claimed they had completely surrounded Velika Kladusa, the second most important town in the Moslem enclave of Bihac in northwestern Bosnia.
They said they were trying to break through the Bosnian government's Fifth Corps defence lines and enter the town centre.
United Nations (U.N.) spokesman John Sills said that Velika Kladusa had been hit by more than 300 shells and heavy machine gun fire over the last 24 hours.
"The ground continually shook from artillery rounds, the noise was one constant roar," a witness on the rebel Moslems side said.
A Fifth Corps spokesman denied the town had been surrounded, but U.N. military observers confirmed rebel Moslem forces have captured vital high ground south of Velika Kladusa.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:31st December 1994 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None