BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: UN TROOPS ON MOUNT IGMAN CONTINUE WITH THEIR NORMAL OPERATIONSRecord ID: 639622
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: UN TROOPS ON MOUNT IGMAN CONTINUE WITH THEIR NORMAL OPERATIONS
- Date: 6th October 1995
- Summary: MOUNT IGMAN, NEAR SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (OCTOBER 6, 1995)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV/LV BRITISH UNITED NATIONS RAPID REACTION FORCE SOLDIERS TRAINING WITH HEAVY GUNS / ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) (9 SHOTS) 1.09 2. SCU SECOND-IN-COMMAND OF THE BRITISH 105MM BATTERY, MAJOR SIMON WORSLEY SPEAKING (ENGLISH) 1.40 3. TRAVEL SHOT OF ROAD OVER MOUNT IGMAN 1.49 4. LV VEHICLES ON ROAD (2 SHOTS) 2.04 5. SV CIVILIAN OPERATING GRADER REPAIRING ROAD OVER MOUNT IGMAN (3 SHOTS) 2.25 SEQUENCE2 TRANSCRIPT: WORSLEY: "AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THERE ARE NO CHANGES IN ORDERS. AT THE MOMENT WE ARE CARRYING ON WITH OUR NORMAL OPERATIONS. I AM HOPING TO BE RELIEVED BY CHRISTMAS BUT THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER FORCE COME TO REPLACE US." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAB1K1BR3IPDDJCQTUUAAHALW4E
- Location: MOUNT IGMAN, NEAR SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:26
- Story Text: United Nations (U.N.) Rapid Reaction force troops on Mount Igman on Friday (October 6) continued with their normal operations around Sarajevo despite Thursday's ceasfire announcement.
The British unit on the mountain is one of the units that may we withdrawn as part of any cutback in the number of troops in the former Yugoslavia.
The second-in-command of the British 105mm Battery, Major Simon Worsley said that as far as he was concerned there was no change in orders and that they were carrying on with their normal operations for the moment.
Meanwhile, repair work continued on the dangerous road over Mount Igman which is the only route to Sarajevo open to civilian traffic.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:21st October 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None