- Title: INDONESIA: ARMED FORCES DAY
- Date: 7th October 1976
- Summary: 1. GV PAN PRESIDENT GUWARTC RIDING IN OPEN GEEP ACROSS PARADE GROUND 2 ft 2. GV TROOPS MARCHING ACROSS MARALE GROUND 4 ft 3. SV PRESIDENT SUHARTO ADDRESSING TROOPS 6 4. GV AND SV TROOPS MARCHING ACROSS PARADE GROUND WATCHED BY PRESIDENT SUHARTO (2 SHOTS) 12 ft 5. GV AND SV TROOPS MARCHING PAST OFFICIAL ROSTRUM WATCHED BY PRESIDENT SUHARTO (2 SHOTS) 16 ft 6. GV TROOP CARRIER 19 ft 7. GV MILITARY JETS IN FLY PAST 21 ft 8. GV MILITARY TRUCKS AND TROOP CARRIERS IN PARADE (3 SHOTS) 29 ft Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA27W1ZOXZE9C6S0Z49WNXTSJK1
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Duration: 00:00:48
- Story Text: Indonesian leader, President Suharton, inspected a show of military might in Jakarta as part of the celebrations to mark the 31st anniversary of the formation of the Indonesian Armed Forces.
In an address to the 5000 troops taking part in the parade, President Suharto denied that any members of the armed forces were involved in a recent plot to overthrow him. The plot was uncovered two weeks ago and since then four people have been arrested and charged with offences relating to the alleged proposed coup.
The President praised the members of the Indonesian military for not becoming involved in the plot. He said the armed forces must continue to be "vigilant against forces trying to destroy the state." President Suharto added that military leaders should remember that they were the servants of the people.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:22nd October 1976 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None