- Title: UK: ENTHUSIASTS FLOCK TO OLYMPIA BEER FESTIVAL
- Date: 6th August 1997
- Summary: OLYMPIA EXHIBITION HALL. WEST LONDON, U.K. (AUGUST 6, 1997)(RTV ACCESS ALL) 1. LV/TILT: WIDE PAN DOWN OF EXHIBITION 0.10 2. GV: MEDIUM SHOT OF HALL 0.17 3. GV: BREWER PULLING BEER 0.23 4. GV/CU: WIDE OF DISPLAY (2 SHOTS) 0.31 5. GV/CU: WIDER SHOT OF PUMPS/ CLOSE UP LABELS (4 SHOTS) 0.43 6. GV/MV: WIDE SHOT OF AMERICAN BREWER (2 SHOTS) 0.52 7. CU: INTERVIEW WITH PETE SLOSBERG SAYING IN AMERICA WE HAVE GREATEST SELECTION OF BEERS IN WORLD (ENGLISH) 1.03 8. SV: PEOPLE TRYING BEERS 1.15 9. CU: POURING BEER 1.19 10. SV/CU: PEOPLE DRINKING BEER (3 SHOTS) 1.38 11. CU: BEER ENTHUSIAST SAYING EVERY YEAR I ASK WHY I COME AND I SAY NEVER AGAIN BUT I ALWAYS COME BACK (ENGLISH) 1.47 12. CU: BEER DRINKER SAYING IT'S A CARNIVAL ATMOSPHERE (ENGLISH) 1.57 13. CU: ANOTHER DRINKER GIVES HANGOVER ADVICE (ENGLISH) 2.06 14. SV: WIDE OF EXHIBITION HALL 2.12 Initials s.3 - p.3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA3KMPHDBR08KY3VNSU2FTPCGHC
- Location: LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 00:02:11
- Story Text: INTRO: Beer enthusiasts have flocked to London's Olympia exhibition halls to enjoy the annual international beer and ale festival.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- The Great British Beer Festival held in London this week invites the general public to try over six hundred different varieties of beers and ciders from all over the world The event, organised by the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is being held at London's Olympia Exhibition hall and includes such brews as Chocolate Raspberry Wheatbeer, Pumpkin Ale and Grozet from Scotland, which is flavoured with gooseberries, bog myrtle and meadowsweet.
British drinkers consume around five billion pints of traditional ale and stout a year, but sales have been falling in recent years, with one survey showing a 15% drop between 1989 and 1995.
CAMRA was founded in St Albans, Herts, in 1971 by three journalists and a brewer distressed by the disappearance of traditional ales under the onslaught of lager and pasteurised keg' beer. It has been one of Britain's most successful lobbying groups.
CAMRA's Good Beer Guide has been recommending tasty pints for 23 years, selling around 50,000 copies to enthusiasts each year.
More than 300 cask conditioned beers from around the country will be on offer for gourmet ale drinkers, along with more than 40 traditional ciders and perries (pear cider) and nearly 200 foreign beers.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:21st August 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None