- Title: UK: THOUSANDS OF MOURNERS CONTINUE TO PAY THEIR LAST RESPECTS TO PRINCESS DIANA
- Date: 2nd September 1997
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 2, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV/GV: WIDE OF KENSINGTON PALACE (2 SHOTS) 0.16 2. SV: CLOSE-UP OF MOURNERS 0.24 3. CU: FLOWERS AT GATES OF KENSINGTON PALACE (4 SHOTS) 0.48 4. LV: PEOPLE IN FRONT OF KENSINGTON PALACE GATES (2 SHOTS) 0.59 5. GV/CU: FLOWERS AT GATES (4 SHOTS) 1.15 6. GV/CU: PEOPLE HOLDING FLAG OF PRINCESS DIANA (2 SHOTS) 1.26 7. GV/TILT: WIDE OF HARODS STORE/ HARRODS SIGN (2 SHOTS) 1.36 8. GV/CU: MEMORIAL AT HARRODS (NIGHT VIEWS)/ PEOPLE LOOKING AT MEMORIAL/ CLOSE-UPS OF PHOTOGRAPHS OF PRINCESS DIANA AND DODI AL FAYED (3 SHOTS) 1.51 9. GV/PAN: PEOPLE QUEUEING TO SIGN BOOK OF CONDOLENCES AT ST JAMES' PALACE 2.01 10. CU: WOMAN SAYING SHE HAD TO COME BECAUSE SHE LOVED PRINCESS DIANA (ENGLISH) 2.14 11. CU: FLOWERS AND CANDLES (2 SHOTS) 2.23 12. CU: WOMAN SAYING SHE FELT SHE HAD TO COME TO DO SOMETHING TO REMEMBER THE PRINCESS BY, SHE JUST HOPES THERE WILL BE A MEMORIAL TO DIANA AT SOME TIME IN THE FUTURE (ENGLISH) 2.40 13. SV/CU: PEOPLE LAYING FLOWERS OUTSIDE ST JAMES' PALACE IN THE DARK/ CANDLES BURNING (3 SHOTS) 3.00 14. GV/MV: PEOPLE IN SOUVENIR TOURIST SHOPS IN LONDON'S WEST END/ PRINCESS DIANA MEMORABILIA ON DISPLAY (6 SHOTS) 3.33 15. LV: EXTERIOR OF BUCKINGHAM PALACE/ CROWDS (2 SHOTS) 3.40 Initials s.3 - p.3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA7WYE9Q96VQ7G3KM87BAKS3WP5
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 00:03:41
- Story Text: INTRO: The public out-pouring of grief over the death of Diana, Princess of Wales continued into the night on Tuesday as thousands of mourners flocked to the British capital to pay their last respects.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- There was no sign of the crowds of people flocking to London abating on Tuesday night (September 2). As the queue of people waiting to sign the books of condolences snaked back from St James' Palace down The Mall, police warned that those queueing through the night now face a wait of around eight hours.
Meanwhile the department store Harrods, where people also laid flowers, unveiled a shrine to Diana and Dodi Al Fayed after their untimely deaths. Curtains were drawn back on window number 20 in the luxury store to reveal a black satin backdrop framing two photographs.
Harrods is being joined by thousands of other shops, banks and sports organisations in closing for the day on Saturday in tribute to the 36-year-old princess who in death is fast achieving the status of a saint in the eyes of a mourning public.
Thousands gathered to pay their respects at her former Kensington Palace home as well as at St James Palace, where her body is lying until the funeral.
Tourist shops in London have reported running out of Princess Diana memorabilia, as fans rush to buy something to remember her buy.
Many interviewed in the queue outside St James' Palace said they felt truly touched by Diana's caring image and felt they had to pay their last respects.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:17th September 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None