BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERB OFFICIALS DISCUSS FATE OF SERB-HELD SUBURBS OF SARAJEVO
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERB OFFICIALS DISCUSS FATE OF SERB-HELD SUBURBS OF SARAJEVO
- Date: 24th November 1995
- Summary: PALE, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (NOVEMBER 24, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV PALE COVERED IN SNOW (2 SHOTS) 0.10 2. LV/SV GUARDS OUTSIDE MEETING OF SELF-STYLED BOSNIAN SERB PARLIAMENT (2 SHOTS) 0.17 3. SV BOSNIAN SERB LEADER KARADZIC ENTERING ROOM 0.28 4. GV MEETING OF PARLIAMENT 0.34 5. SV BOSNIAN SERB LEADER RADOVAN KARADZIC WITH MOMCILO KRAJISNIK, SPEAKER OF SELF-STYLED BOSNIAN SERB PARLIAMENT 0.38 6. GV/SV MEETING IN PROGRESS (5 SHOTS) 1.07 7. SV GUARDS OUTSIDE MEETING PLACE 1.12 8. GV HILLS SEEN FROM MEETING PLACE, SNOW 1.17 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA4DTXELSRF64G69ES0N4JB0PF1
- Location: PALE, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:01:19
- Story Text: Radovan Karadzic, president of the self-styled Bosnian Serb republic, and Bosnian Serb senior officials met in Pale on Friday (November 24) to talk about the fate of Serb-held suburbs of Sarajevo.
The meeting was one of the first indications that the Dayton peace deal had been taken on board by the Bosnian Serb leadership.
Karadzic, along with self-styled parliament speaker Momcilo Krajisnik and local Bosnian Serb civic and military leaders, went into a closed-door meeting expected to last for several hours.
The Dayton peace deal initialled earlier this week calls for a unified Sarajevo - a move bound to affect the future of Serb-held districts like Ilidza, Vogosca, Hadzici, Ilijas and Grbavica.
The Yugoslav federal prime minister Radoje Kontic said that Karadzic had agreed to abide by the Dayton accord at a meeting with Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic on Thursday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:9th December 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None