BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERB SHOW THEIR SUPPORT FOR RADOVAN KARADZIC AND RATKO MLADIC IN A RALLY IN...
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERB SHOW THEIR SUPPORT FOR RADOVAN KARADZIC AND RATKO MLADIC IN A RALLY IN MODRICA/INVESTIGATORS INSPECT GRAVE SITES IN CERSKA
- Date: 29th May 1996
- Summary: MODRICA AND CERSKA, NORTH WEST OF SREBRENICA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (MAY 29, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) MODRICA 1. GV OF RALLY IN THE CENTRE OF TOWN 0.05 2. SV OF PEOPLE ATTENDING RALLY (2 SHOTS) 0.15 3. SLV SPEAKER ADDRESSING CROWD, POSTERS OF MLADIC AND KARADZIC BEHIND SPEAKER 0.21 4. MCU CHILDREN AT RALLY 0.27 5. SV OF CROWDS AT RALLY (3 SHOTS) 0.42 6. SV SPEAKER ADDRESSING RALLY 0.48 7. SV CHILDREN ON PARENTS SHOULDERS 0.53 8. LV CROWDS AT RALLY 0.57 9. SLV PEOPLE STANING BY SHOP FRONT WITH POSTERS OF KARADZIC 1.04 10. LAS CROWDS AT RALLY 1.08 11. GV OF RALLY 1.13 CERSKA 12. LV OF TEAM ON ALLEGED MASS GRAVE SITE 1.20 13. SV MAN SNIFFING PROBE 1.37 14. SV TEAM MEASURING SITE 1.41 15. SV JOHN GURNES EXPLAINING WAHT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED 1.55 16. SLV INPECTORS DIGGING AT SITE 2.02 17. CU tAPE FOBIDDING ACCESS TO THE SITE 2.04 18. SV WRAPPED BODY ON GROUND 2.08 19. CU PARTS OF BODY DECOMPOSED UNDER SHEET (2 SHOTS) 2.17 20. CU SCULL WITH APPARENT BULLET HOLE (2 SHOTS) 2.27 21. SV GURNES POINTING AT DUG SITE 2.34 22. CU BODY WITH EXPOSED SHOE 2.40 23. SC/CU POLICE MARKERS INDICATING POSSIBLE GRAVE SITES 2.50 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA84RTPT8EW9A90OPY3RYU76HG3
- Location: MODRICA AND CERSKA, NORTH WEST OF SREBRENICA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:03:01
- Story Text: INTRO: Thousands of Bosnian Serbs have shown their support for their leader Radovan Karadzic and army commander Ratko Mladic in a rally in the north Bosnian town of Modrica.
------------------------------------------------------------------- The crowd of supporters gathered in the main town's square on Wednesday (May 29), carrying photographs of Bosnian Serb "president" Radovan Karadzic and his military commander Ratko Mladic, Serbian flags and banners, saying "Serb people has the right to have its president", "Karadzic represents us", "Only unity saves the Serbs", "The Hague tribunal prosecutes the serb nation".
Karadzic and Mladic have been indicted by the Hague tribunal for war crimes in the war in Bosnia.
Their extradition to the Tribunal is one of the main obstacles in the implementation of the Dayton peace agreement.
The Bosnia war crimes investigating team began the second stage of their investigation of suspected mass grave sites, finding the remains of one body and several body parts on Wednesday (May 29).
The team began investigating a site at Cerska, 25 kilometres north-west of Srebrenica.
Head of the forensic team, John Gurnes, confirmed they has found a corpse and then proceeded to describe various body parts found at three areas within the site.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:13th June 1996 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None