BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: SERB AND CROAT SOLDIERS OF BOSNIA CLEAR MINES FROM FRONTLINE IN PRESENCE OF IFORRecord ID: 639681
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: SERB AND CROAT SOLDIERS OF BOSNIA CLEAR MINES FROM FRONTLINE IN PRESENCE OF IFOR
- Date: 10th January 1996
- Summary: NEAR VUCILOVAC, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (JANUARY 10, 1996) (REUTERS TV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV PANS TO/VARIOUS OF COLUMN OF UNITED STATES (U.S.) IFOR ARMOURED VEHICLES, SOLDIERS (5 SHOTS) 0.20 2. TRACK U.S. SOLDIERS AND OTHERS WALKING 0.25 3. SV DESERTED BUNKER ON THE SEPARATION LINE 0.29 4. SLV/VARIOUS OF BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIER (BLUE HAT) CLEARING MINE (3 SHOTS) 0.41 5. MCU MINE DEBRIS IN FIELD 0.47 6. SLV BOSNIAN SERB GROUP IN FOREGROUND, BOSNIAN CROATS IN DISTANCE 0.51 7. SV MAN USING MINE DETECTOR 1.01 8. GV MINE BLOWN UP BY BOSNIAN CROATS 1.12 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA15PE94TWOB4GNUNRBPTS2Y3Q4
- Location: VUCILOVAC VILLAGE, NEAR BRCKO, BOSNIA
- Duration: 00:01:12
- Story Text: Bosnian Serb and Bosnian Croat soldiers, uniquely engaged in a common purpose, were working within 50 metres of each other on Wednesday (January 10) clearing mines from a road along the frontline in northern Bosnia.
Serb and Croat soldiers cleared the mines on the separation line between their positions near Vucilovac village, eight kilometres northeast of Brcko in northern Bosnia.
Serbs deactivated the mines with their hands. Croat soldiers simply blew their mines up.
United States (U.S.) Implementation Force (IFOR) troops from the First Armoured Division, which are expected to deploy in the area, waited for the mine clearance until driving through.
IFOR troops came into Bosnia-Herzegovina from Croatia to establish bases across the region. They are engaged in ensuring mines are de-activated and that all sides move away from their frontline positions in accordance with the Dayton agreement.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th January 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None