SWITZERLAND: HALF A MILLION REVELLERS CONVERGE ON ZURICH FOR ANNUAL TECHNO MUSIC STREET PARADE
- Title: SWITZERLAND: HALF A MILLION REVELLERS CONVERGE ON ZURICH FOR ANNUAL TECHNO MUSIC STREET PARADE
- Date: 16th August 1997
- Summary: ZURICH, SWITZERLAND (AUGUST 16, 1997) (REUTERS TELEVISION - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV/SV REVELLERS DANCING / MAN DRESSED IN BLACK LEATHER AND PLATFORM SHOES DANCING (2 SHOTS) 0.09 2. PAN REVELLERS DANCING 0.16 3. SV REVELLERS DANCING ON FLOATS 0.22 4. SLV/SCU OCTOPUS ON MOVING FLOAT (2 SHOTS) 0.28 5. TRAVELLING SHOT REVELLERS ON FLOATS (2 SHOTS) 0.41 6. TRAVELLING SHOT MEN PAINTED BLUE DANCING 0.44 8. TRAVELLING SHOT REVELLERS DANCING / WATCHING FLOATS 0.49 9. ZOOM OUT GIRLS DANCING ON FLOATS 0.59 10. LAS REVELLERS DANCING ON FLOATS 1.05 11. TRACK MAN ON SILVER STILTS / MEN PAINTED BLUE ON BLUE RUBBER PLATFORMS 1.15 12. SV REVELLERS DANCING 1.33 13. PAN UP WOMAN DANCING 1.37 14. PAN OF REVELLERS DANCING 1.50 15. HAS REVELLER WITH WATER PISTOL 1.57 16. WS REVELLERS DANCING 1.59 17. VARIOUS OF REVELLERS DANCING ALONGSIDE FLOATS (2 SHOTS) 2.12 18. SV WOMAN REVELLER FANNING HERSELF 2.17 19. SV REVELLERS DANCING 2.20 20. SV OLD WOMAN IN CROWD / REVELLERS ASKING HER IF SHE NEEDS ANY HELP 2.30 21. SV MAN IN COSTUME DANCING 2.36 22. SV GIRLS IN RED DANCING 2.42 23. SV REVELLERS CHEERING 2.48 24. WIDE/PAN OF REVELLERS CHEERING 3.00 Initials S3,P3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVACYA6LQUMW69XUH0MZYV7ULOYC
- Location: ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Duration: 00:03:00
- Story Text: INTRO: Up to half a million revellers have swamped Zurich for the annual techno music Street Parade, Europe's second-largest techno festival after the Berlin Love Parade.
Techno fans, in flashy costumes or scantily clad for hot weather, came from across Europe for Saturday's (August 16) parade.
They danced for about five hours behind 30 colourful floats (called lovemobiles), equipped with turbo powered sound systems.
The procession, with participants from Germany, Austria and Italy, took a four-kilometre route along the lakeside and through downtown Zurich.
Disc jockeys playing happy or hard core, trance, progressive or jungle beat got the crowd going.
People of all ages, races and backgrounds were present, shouting and jumping inside the circle of floats and at open windows.
After the parade, ravers faced a choice of 30 all-night techno parties in sites ranging from the main railway station to a forest clearing above the city.
Zurich's Street Parade started in 1992 and generates sales estimated at around 50 million Swiss francs for everything from music CDs to railroad tickets.
It is organised as a non-profit making event by the Street Parade Authorities organisation. They carry all costs incuding garbage removal, security, and even the distribution of 200,000 ear plugs.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:31st August 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None