- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: IFOR SHIELDS SARAJEVO ON CHRISTMAS DAY
- Date: 25th December 1995
- Summary: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (DECEMBER 25, 1995) (RTV-ACCESS ALL) 1. LV IMPLEMENTATION FORCE (IFOR) ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) OUTSIDE CHURCH (2 SHOTS) 0.10 2. LV/SV IFOR SOLDIERS IN CHURCH / PRIESTS CONDUCTING MASS / PARISHIONERS TAKING COMMUNION / CONGREGATION / CIVILIANS AND SOLDIER TAKING COMMUNION (10 SHOTS) 1.03 3. SV CIVILIANS AND IFOR SOLDIERS AND VEHICLE OUTSIDE CHURCH 1.06 4. SV DAMAGED STAINED GLASS WINDOWN OF CHURCH 1.16 5. SV IFOR SOLDIERS GREETING EACH OTHER / STANDING BY APC (2 SHOTS) 1.24 6. LV/SV CROWD AROUND CATHOLIC CARDINALS (2 SHOTS) 1.36 7. SV IFOR VEHICLES DRIVING PAST CHURCH 1.49 8. GV CROWDS ON STREETS / SV MARKET STALL / SV CHILD WITH LOLLIPOP IN ITS MOUTH (5 SHOTS) 2.15 9. SV/LV IFOR SOLDIERS PATROLLING STREETS (6 SHOTS) 2.55 10.SV IFOR SOLDIERS OUTSIDE FORMER UNITED NATIONS HEADQUARTERS AND NOW IFOR HEADQUARTERS (2 SHOTS) 3.16 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVADPPTBDK07ZZNGZZYLI5LSL695
- Location: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:03:17
- Story Text: Shielded by the NATO-led Implementation Force (IFOR), the people of Bosnia-Herzegovina enjoyed their first real Christmas in four years on Monday (December 25).
IFOR pressed ahead with troop deployment to cement peace ending Europe's worst conflict in half a century that killed 200,000 people and displaced up to three million.
Some IFOR soldiers being deployed in the Bosnian capital and elsewhere in Bosnia attended religious services and toasted a peaceful Christmas but kept up their guard.
IFOR will oversee, and enforce, if necessary, a settlement that the combatants reluctantly accepted, leaving Bosnia divided between a Moslem-Croat federation and a separatist Serb entity.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:9th January 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None