RUSSIA: REPRESENTATIVES OF FIVE-NATION CONTACT GROUP ON FORMER YUGOSLAVIA ARRIVE IN MOSCOW TO DISCUSS STRATEGY...
- Title: RUSSIA: REPRESENTATIVES OF FIVE-NATION CONTACT GROUP ON FORMER YUGOSLAVIA ARRIVE IN MOSCOW TO DISCUSS STRATEGY FOR PEACE TALKS BETWEEN BOSNIA'S WARRING PARTIES.
- Date: 16th October 1995
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (OCTOBER 16, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) (NIGHT) 1. GV MOSCOW'S VNUKOVO AIRPORT 0.05 2. SV PLANE ARRIVING, TAXIING 0.15 3. UK REPRESENTATIVE PAULINE MEVILLE-JONES, GERMAN REPRESENTATIVE WOLFGANG ISCHINGER, EUROPEAN UNION CHIEF NEGOTIATIOR CARL BILDT GETTING OFF THE PLANE (3 SHOTS) 0.25 4. GV PLANE ON TARMAC 0.28 5. SLV U.S. NEGOTIATOR RICHARD HOLBROOKE GETTING OFF THE PLANE, SHAKES HANDS WITH OFFICIALS ON TARMAC 0.40 6. SV HOLBROKE SPEAKING (ENGLISH)/ IN CAR, U.S FLAG ON CAR/CAR LEAVES (4 SHOTS) 0.57 7. SV RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER ANDREI KOZYREV AND BILDT SHAKE HANDS IN CONFERENCE HALL 1.17 8. SV PHOTOGRAPHERS 1.19 9. SV BILDT SAYING "RUSSIA WILL PLAY THE CRUCIAL ROLE IN BOSNIAN PEACE INITIATIVE (ENGLISH) 1.31 10. SV KOZYREV SAYING WE AGREED WITH OUR AMERICAN PARTNERS THAT RUSSIA'S ROLE IN THE MILITARY OPERATION WILL BE DISCUSSED (RUSSIAN)/ CONTACT GROUP MEMBERS TAKE SEATS AT TABLE/ MEDIA (4 SHOTS) 2.15 SEQ.7: TRANSCRIPT; HOLBROOKE: "WE ALL WANT THE RUSSIANS TO CONTINUE TO PLAY A CONSTRUCTIVE ROLE IN THE AREA. THAT'S AN IMPORTANT THING FOR THEM TO DO. SOMETIMES WE HAVE HAD DIFFERENCES BUT LATELY WE HAVE BEEN ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH AND WE HOPE TO FURTHER THAT." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA18LNJXW6X4FCGKCSQWAVBR9OM
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:15
- Story Text: Representatives of the five-nation Contact Group on former Yugoslavia arrived in Moscow on Monday (October 16) to map out a strategy for peace talks between Bosnia's warring parties and Russia's role in helping keep the peace.
The Contact Group meeting is due to be attended by heads of political departments from foreign ministries of the five members -- the United States, Russia, Britain, France and Germany as well as U.S. negotiator Richard Holbrooke. The group will make preparations for initial talks between Bosnian Moslems, their Croat allies and separatist Serbs, due to open in the United States on October 31.
The Contact Group will also examine ways to reintegrate the region into Europe once peace is restored and attempt to define Russia's role in an international peace force which is being put together by the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Strobe Talbott and Walter Slocombe, U.S. Undersecretary of Defense, are expected to join Russian officials in working out ways of tying Moscow into helping implement the peace settlement.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:31st October 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None