RUSSIA:PIERRE BALMAIN, BALENCIAGA AND VIKTORIA ANDREYANOVA PRESENT A RANGE OF STYLES AT MOSCOW'S WEEK OF...
- Title: RUSSIA:PIERRE BALMAIN, BALENCIAGA AND VIKTORIA ANDREYANOVA PRESENT A RANGE OF STYLES AT MOSCOW'S WEEK OF HIGH FASHION
- Date: 29th November 1997
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (NOVEMBER 29, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV: MODEL EXITS WITH SUITCASE AND GREY WOOL SUIT, FIRST DESIGN OF RUSSIAN DESIGNER VIKTORIA ANDREYANOVA (2 SHOTS) 0.21 2. MV: VARIOUS WOOL DESIGNS IN BROWN, GREY, AND BLACK (4 SHOTS) 0.37 3. MV: MODEL IN GREY, SPARKLING HOODED DESIGN 0.41 4. GV/MV: MODELS IN ANDREYANOVA'S COSTUMES RECEIVING APPLAUSE (3 SHOTS) 1.08 5. GV/MV: VARIOUS OF MODELS IN VARIOUS BLACK DESIGNS BY BALENCIAGA/ AUDIENCE SLIGHTLY CLAPPING BALENCIAGA'S DESIGNS (11 SHOTS) 2.27 7. GV/MV: VARIOUS OF PIERRE BALMAIN SHOW/ PIERRE BALMAIN WITH MODELS RECEIVING FLOWERS AND APPLAUSE (12 SHOTS) 4.32 Initials P3/2 S3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA8ZQSANIJKK4TBDK7WH0HK1CMN
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:04:34
- Story Text: - INTRO: Pierre Balmain, Balenciaga and young Russian designer Viktoria Andreyanova presented a range of styles from secret-service chic, rakish romantic wraps and classic black and white designs at Moscow's ongoing Week of High Fashion.
Simple but enduring wool cuts highlighted Viktoria Andreyanova's showing on Saturday (November 29) in Moscow.
With greys, browns, black hues and traditional cuts, the young Russian designer made a conservative but elegant debut on the world fashion walk along with international giants Balenciaga and Pierre Balmain.
Balenciaga paraded a series of black designs in cotton, synthetic and silk but his creations of transparent and flowing tops combined with leather head wrappings seemed to fall flat on the audience who rewarded the famed designer with tepid applause.
Pierre Balmain seemed to win the audience. Balmain started off with a shaggy white fur, dabbled with spy-like trenchcoat themes, and then played with a trio of sherbert-coloured suits before breaking into flowing velvet Romantic-era cuts with an alluring, rakish feel.
Moscow's Week of High Fashion was created to help integrate Russian designers into the world's fashion community.
The fashion shows run until Sunday, November 30.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:14th December 1997 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None