- Title: CROATIA: FRENCH MILITARY REINFORCEMENTS TO UNPROFOR ARRIVE IN CROATIA
- Date: 13th June 1995
- Summary: SPLIT, CROATIA (JUNE 13, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/SV FRENCH NAVY TRANSPORT SHIP "FOUDRE" ARRIVING (2 SHOTS) 0.07 2. SLV UNITED NATIONS (U.N.) SOLDIERS LOOKING ON 0.15 3. SLV U.N. SOLDIERS ON HELICOPTER ON "FOUDRE" 0.20 4. SV/GV "FOUDRE" DOCKING (2 SHOTS) 0.33 5. SLV/SV U.N. SOLDIERS LOOKING ON / FRENCH SAILORS (2 SHOTS) 0.43 6. GV/SV U.N. SOLDIERS DISEMBARKING 1.01 7. MCU LIEUTENANT-COLONEL DIDIER BOLELLI SAYING THE SHIP CARRIES TROOPS WHO WILL JOIN A FRENCH PLATOON ON MOUNT IGMAN AND A SURGERY POST WHICH WILL SERVE THE RAPID REACTION FORCE AND VEHICLES FOR THE U.N. MORTAR SECTION IN SARAJEVO (FRENCH) 1.25 8. SLV TRUCKS BEING UNLOADED (2 SHOTS) 1.51 9. SLV ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIERS BEING UNLOADED (3 SHOTS) 2.26 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVACFF50RCFJ08NLUBYIG2JOYZA6
- Location: SPLIT, CROATIA
- Country: Croatia
- Duration: 00:02:26
- Story Text: The first French reinforcements for the multinational rapid reaction force arrived in Croatia on Tuesday (June 13), to protect United Nations (U.N.) peackeepers.
The French Navy transport ship "Foudre" arrived in Split with 23 trucks and containers with heavier machinery than that flown in earlier. The equipment will be transported to the French mortar platoon deployed around Mount Igman five days ago.
French lieutenant-colonel Didier Bolelli said the ship carried troops who would join French troops already deployed on Mount Igman in Bosnia.
Also on board was a mini mobile hospital with 12 staff who will remain in the Split area. The mobile hospital will be used for the rapid reaction forces in the area, Bolelli said.
France announced on Monday that its first troops for a rapid reaction force to protect U.N. soldiers were on their way to ex-Yugoslavia and said it wanted to see all peacekeepers detained by Bosnina Serbs freed by the end of the week.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th June 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None