- Title: AT SEA: NATO NAVAL FORCE PATROLS THE ADRIATIC SEA
- Date: 16th October 1998
- Summary: AT SEA (15 OCTOBER, 1998) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. AERIAL OF CANADIAN VESSEL ST JOHN'S H.M.C.S. ST JOHN'S FFH340 0.12 2. SV FRONT OF DUTCH VESSEL LOOKING AT SEA 0.16 3. SV TWO MEN IN LOOK OUT LOOKING THROUGH BINOCULARS 0.21 4. MCU MAN AT CONTROL (2 SHOTS) 0.30 5. MCU REAR ADMIRAL DAVID M. STONES, COMMANDER OF THE STANDING NAVAL FORCE MEDITERRANEAN, SAYING 'I THINK IT'S A VERY STRONG SIGNAL TO HAVE A NATO MARITIME FORCE SUCH AS THE STANDING NAVAL FORCE MEDITERRANEAN ON STATION IN THE ADRIATIC TO SYMBOLISE NATO'S RESOLVE AND SEND A POWERFUL MESSAGE TO THE FRY REGARDING THE SITUATION' (ENGLISH) 0.46 6. PAN/SV OF GERMAN REFUELLING VESSEL (2 SHOTS) 1.02 7. SV REFUELLING OF SHIP WHILE MOVING 1.07 8. SV MAN HANDLING PIPES AND ROPES 1.16 9. SV SHIP DURING REFUELLING 1.21 10. SV MEN PULLING IN ROPES 1.26 11. MCU MAN LOOKING AT SHIP 1.30 12. SV SHIPS SAILING (2 SHOTS) 1.40 13. LV CANADIAN SHIP AT SEA FROM THE FRONT 1.45 14. SV MAN BY MISSILE/EQUIPMENT ON SHIP (2 SHOTS) 1.52 15. LV TWO BOATS ALONGSIDE EACH OTHER 1.59 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVAA5QWPDC88ZU3O7Z3VVEVZ0JHX
- Location: ADRIATIC SEA
- Country: AT SEA
- Duration: 00:02:04
- Story Text: As NATO representatives head for Belgrade to see
Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, a standing naval force
has been patrolling the Adriatic.
The Stanaformed (Standing Naval Force Mediterranean)
mission is providing NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation)
representatives a presence in the Adriatic Sea and
demonstrates the organisation's resolve concerning the current
NATO was recently involved in the Adriatic embargo
operation against Yugoslavia until June 1996.As part of
NATO's immediate reaction forces the nine frigates will act if
Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic does not obey the recent
NATO Secretary General Javier Solana is to meet Milosevic
in Belgrade and urge him to comply rapidly and fully with
international demands on Kosovo, according to a NATO official.
Solana, accompanied by General Klaus Naumann, chairman of
NATO's military committee and General Wesley Clark, Supreme
Allied Commander Europe, will attend the signing of an
agreement permitting unarmed NATO aircraft to conduct
surveillance flights over Kosovo.
NATO will urge Milosevic to comply rapidly and fully with
international demands on Kosovo.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:31st October 1998 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None