- Title: CROATIA: UN AID CONVOY SETS OUT FOR THE MOSLEM ENCLAVE OF GORAZDE
- Date: 4th October 1994
- Summary: METKOVIC, CROATIA (OCTOBER 4, 1994) 1. GV UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR) TRUCKS 0.07 2. LV DRIVER IN TRUCK PUTTING ON HELMET 0.11 3. SV VEHICLE WITH 'CONVOY' SIGN ON TOP 0.15 4. SV/CRANE UP DOG AND MAN BY TRUCK WITH 'NORWEGIAN REFUGEE COUNCIL' SIGN ON DOOR (2 SHOTS) 0.23 5. MS UNHCR SPOKESMAN KEN HARVEY SAYING THEY HOPE BOSNIAN SERBS WILL HONOUR THE AGREEMENT, WHICH IS PART OF A PRISONER-OF-WAR EXCHANGE...UNHCR WILL CARRY OUT ITS PART AND SERBS SHOULD CARRY OUT THEIRS (ENGLISH) 0.51 6. SV CONVOY SETTING OFF, INCLUDING TRUCKS WITH DANISH FLAGS (3 SHOTS) 1.21 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA7S69JIHD4CQXLJ3PKND94KWMK
- Location: METKOVIC, CROATIA
- Country: Croatia
- Duration: 00:01:21
- Story Text: A United Nations (U.N.) aid convoy on Tuesday (October 4) set out from Metkovic in Croatia for the Moslem enclave of Gorazde in eastern Bosnia as aid workers expressed confidence that Bosnian Serbs would allow it to cross territory under their control.
UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) spokesman Ken Harvey said he expected Bosnian Serbs would let the convoy pass through Serb-held territory.
He said he hoped Bosnian Serbs would stand by the agreement they made at the weekend to allow U.N. road relief operations to resume after halting them in retaliation for a NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) air strike last month. Harvey made reference to a prisoner-of-war exchange agreement reached between Serbs and the Moslem-led Bosnian government on Saturday (October 1).
Harvey was speaking shortly before Bosnian Serbs cleared two UNHCR relief convoys to Gorazde from Belgrade, Yugoslavia. Serbs had held up the convoys overnight at Dobrunj just inside the Bosnian border on grounds that the aid trucks had not been authorised.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:19th October 1994 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None