CROATIA: SECOND CONTINGENT OF FRENCH FORCES ARRIVE IN CROATIA TO BOLSTER UNPROFOR RAPID REACTION FORCE.Record ID: 639817
- Title: CROATIA: SECOND CONTINGENT OF FRENCH FORCES ARRIVE IN CROATIA TO BOLSTER UNPROFOR RAPID REACTION FORCE.
- Date: 13th June 1995
- Summary: AT SEA AND SPLIT, CROATIA (JUNE 13, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) AT SEA 1. AERIAL AIRCRAFT CARRIER MARECHAL FOCH 0.04 2. GV/SV SUPER ETENDARD JETS TAKING OFF FROM CARRIER FOCH (2 SHOTS) 0.33 3. SV/GV FRENCH TROOPS BOARDING HELICOPTER, HELICOPTER TAKES OFF (3 SHOTS) 0.52 4. SLV SUPPORT SHIP SAILING ALONGSIDE 0.57 5. SLV/SV FRENCH TROOPS BOARDING LANDING CRAFT/ FRENCH FLAG (2 SHOTS) 1.11 6. GV/SV LANDING CRAFT SAILING TOWARDS PORT (5 SHOTS) 1.43 SPLIT, CROATIA 7. GV ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIERS (APCs) DISEMBARKING FROM LANDING CRAFT 1.45 8. GV/SV VEHICLES ON DOCKSIDE/VEHICLES DRIVING INLAND (8 SHOTS) 2.40 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVABN0JBAHPNW6BWOZWY0QB8Z3N1
- Location: AT SEA AND SPLIT, CROATIA
- Country: EUROPE AT SEA Croatia
- Duration: 00:02:41
- Story Text: A second contingent of French forces arrived at the Croatian port of Split on Tuesday (June 13), to bolster the United Nations (U.N.) rapid reaction force for Bosnia-Herzegovina.
The first wave of French troops had disembarked earlier in the day.
French Super Etendard fighter aircraft practised take-offs and landings from the deck of the Marechal Foch aircraft carrier, floating in the Adriatic Sea, as ground troops disembarked at Split harbour.
Some 10,000 French, British and Dutch combat troops are flowing into the Balkans primarily to salvage United Nations (U.N.) humanitarian operations in Bosnia crippled by separatist Serb blockades, shootings and hostage-taking.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th June 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None