- Title: CROATIA: U.S. SUPPLY SHIP ARRIVES IN PLOCI
- Date: 19th July 1995
- Summary: PLOCI, CROATIA (JULY 19, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV UNITED STATES U.S. SUPPLY SHIP "USS CAPE RACE" ARRIVES IN PORT / CU OF SHIP'S NAME (2 SHOTS) 0.11 2. SV/SLV/CU BRITISH SOLDIERS ON HARBOUR SIDE (3 SHOTS) 0.28 3. SV SHIP / SOLIDERS ONBOARD / FLAGS (4 SHOTS) 0.47 4. SV SHIP DOCKING 0.53 5. SV BRITISH OFFICER, LIEUTENANT COLONEL BARRY HAWGOOD SPEAKING (ENGLISH) 1.23 6. SLV/SV EQUIPMENT BEING UNLOADED FROM SHIP (15 SHOTS) 2.36 SEQUENCE 5 TRANSCRIPT: HAWGOOD: "THIS SHIP IS BRINGING IN THE VITAL STORES THAT WE NEED TO START THE REAL JOB OF ENSURING THAT PLOCI PORT IS BUILT UP AS RAPIDLY AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT WE CAN CATER FOR THE 4500 TROOPS THAT WE EXPECT TO MOVE INTO THIS AREA COMING FROM 24 AIR MOBILE BRIGADE, WHICH OF COURSE IS PART OF THE RAPID REACTION FORCE WHICH WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA2788GVE31M57MDC3Q7EQ2YXG7
- Location: PLOCI, CROATIA
- Country: Croatia
- Duration: 00:02:36
- Story Text: A United States supply ship arrived in the Croatian port of Ploci on Wednesday (July 19) carrying supplies for British troops involved in the United Nations Rapid Reaction Force (RRF) being established to protect U.N. peacekeeping forces in Bosnia.
The USS Cape Race was carrying some 3,000 tonnes of military hardware, medical supplies and tents for the Britsh 24th Air Mobile Unit. Unloading was expected to take 48 hours.
French and Danish contingents of the RRF have already taken up bases in Croatia and Bosnia itself.
A British officer, Lieutenant Colonel Barry Hawgood, told reporters in Ploci that the supplies carried aboard the USS Cape Race would enable the 24th air mobile brigade to establish a presence in Ploci and become fully operational.
The RRF, once fully established, is expected to be prepared to carry out missions to rescue trapped U.N. peacekeepers or those under attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:3rd August 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None