- Title: TURKEY: DR. KISSINGER VISITS FOR TALKS ON CYPRUS AND ARMS SUPPLIES.
- Date: 11th March 1975
- Summary: 1. MV PAN AND MV Kissinger in wreath-laying procession (2 shots) 0.18 2. GV Guards on roof top PAN DOWN TO TV Kissinger in procession (2 shots) 0.29 3. SV Kissinger signing book 0.34 4. MV Turkish flag TILT DOWN TO Kissinger leaving 0.40 5. SV Kissinger with former Premier Ecevit 0.54 Initials CL/0110 CL/0116 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA1LRFDNEGSP8B34Z0LERWAS55D
- Location: ANKARA, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Duration: 00:00:54
- Story Text: There was optimism in Ankara today (March 11) that there might be a speedy resumption of talks between Greek and Turkish Cypriots -- following two days of intensive negotiations by United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.
Dr. Kissinger had interrupted his latest Middle East mission, in an effort to revive the flagging attempts to reach a settlement on Cyprus. He's also been trying to heal the rift between Washington and Ankara caused by the U.S. Congress decision to sever military aid to Turkey.
Following the talks, Turkish Foreign Minister Melih Esenbel said he had high hopes that Washington would soon resume arms deliveries to Turkey.
While in Ankara, Dr. Kissinger paid homage to the founder of modern Turkey, Mustafa Kamal Ataturk.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:26th March 1975 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None