- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: REBEL MOSLEM FORCES ENCIRCLE VELIKA KLADUSA
- Date: 15th December 1994
- Summary: VELIKA KLADUSA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (DECEMBER 15, 1994) (REUTERS TELEVISION - ACCESS ALL) (AUDIO AS INCOMING) 1. GV VIEWS OVERLOOKING VELIKA KLADUSA 0.06 2. SV TROOPS LOYAL TO REBEL MOSLEM LEADER FIKRET ABDIC WALKING UP HILLSIDE WITH WEAPONS 0.21 3. SV/VARIOUS TROOPS LOYAL TO ABDIC FIRING HEAVY MACHINE GUN ON HOUSES, NEAR A MOSQUE (4 SHOTS) 0.57 4. GV VIEWS OF VELIKA KLADUSA (2 SHOTS) 1.06 5. SLV SOLDIER LOYAL TO FIKRET ABDIC WALKING UP HILLSIDE 1.14 6. SV SOLDIERS LOYAL TO FIKRET ABDIC LYING IN TRENCHES, PREPARING WEAPONS (2 SHOTS) 1.28 7. CU SOLDIER LOYAL TO FIKRET ABDIC USING SNIPER GUN 1.41 6. SV/ZOOM IN VIEW DOWN ROAD (2 SHOTS) 1.50 7. GV/SV VIEW OF HILLTOP AND BOSNIAN GOVERNMENT FORCES POSITIONS (3 SHOTS) 2.09 8. GV/SV VIEWS OF VELIKA KLADUSA, SMOKING, BURNING HOUSES/MOSQUE IN VALLEY/SMOKE RISING FROM VALLEY (6 SHOTS) 2.41 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA3RKQWVLTYKI2777HUPKOYEULN
- Location: VELIKA KLADUSA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:41
- Story Text: Rebel Moslem forces loyal to their leader Fikret Abdic have completed the encirclement of Velika Kladusa, the second most important town in the Bihac enclave, it was claimed on Thursday (December 15).
"The forces loyal to Fikret Abdic have taken the Plazikur hill overlooking Velika Kladusa shutting down the last avenue of escape for the Bosnian 5th Corps," television journalists with the troops said.
But a spokesman for the 5th corps denied the town was surrounded, saying there had been no change in the situation on the ground.
Witnesses on the rebel Moslem side said the fighting on Thursday was exceptionally fierce.
"The ground continually shook from artillery rounds, the noise was one constant roar," they said.
Velika Kladusa is 60 km (38 miles) north of the Bihac town where Serbs forces kept their lines on the safe area's outskirts for weeks.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:30th December 1994 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None