- Title: CROATIA: US AMBASSADOR GALBRAITH VISITS GLINA
- Date: 9th August 1995
- Summary: GLINA, CROATIA (AUGUST 9, 1995)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV U.S. AMBASSADOR TO CROATIA PETER GALBRAITH WALKING AROUND INSPECTING DAMAGE (4 SHOTS) 0.39 2. SV/SCU GALBRAITH TALKING TO LOCALS / ASKING A WOMAN IF THERE WAS A LOT OF FIGHTING (2 SHOTS) 0.53 3. CU MEMORIAL TO SERBS BURNT IN A CHURCH / SV GALBRAITH AT MEMORIAL (2 SHOTS) 1.08 4. LV SEIZED SERB TANKS BEING DRIVEN THROUGH TOWN BY CROAT TROOPS (4 SHOTS) 1.58 5. SV SEIZED SERB GUNS IN BACK OF TRUCK 2.11 6. SLV FIELD CANNON 2.17 7. LV/SV FURTHER TRUCKS AND CAPTURED WEAPONS (4 SHOTS) 2.32 8. SV SOLDIERS ON BACK OF TRUCKS (2 SHOTS) 2.49 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVACS53DIW9VU316ZQJ96RXWDPZA
- Location: GLINA, CROATIA
- Country: Croatia
- Duration: 00:02:53
- Story Text: United States (U.S.) Ambassador to Croatia, Peter Galbraith, visited Glina, a town inside the once Serb-held Krajina enclave, on Wednesday (August 9).
Galbraith met local people in the town and visited a memorial to Serbs who had been burnt to death in a church.
Earlier in the day Galbraith told reporters he had travelled to Glina to "check out the fate of civilians and the Serbian community first hand".
Also on Wednesday, Croatian soldiers met members of the defeated Krajina Serb force in Glina to witness the signing of a surrender agreement.
United Nations (U.N.) peacekeepers struggled for two days to broker the ceasefire and weapons handover agreement which was complicated by a considerable number of refugees being armed rebels with families.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th August 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None