Title:RUSSIA: RUSSIAN TROOPS REINFORCE THEIR LINES AROUND GROZNY, THE CAPITAL OF BREAKAWAY CHECHNYA
Date:22nd January 1995
OUTSKIRTS OF GROZNY, CHECHNYA, RUSSIA
(JANUARY 22, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL)
1. SV RUSSIAN TANKS ON OUTSKIRTS OF GROZNY; SOLDIERS CHECKING
CARS (4 SHOTS) 0.15
2. SV TANK PERSONNEL; RUSSIAN TRUCKS AND TANKS MOVING ALONG
ROAD (3 SHOTS) 0.39
3. SV RUSSIAN HELICOPTER FLYING ABOVE CONVOY 0.48
4. SV TRACKING SHOT OF STATIONARY TANKS (2 SHOTS) 1.03
5. SV RUSSIAN HELICOPTER OVERHEAD 1.06
6. SV CONVOY OF TRUCKS 1.14
7. SV RUSSIAN SOLDIER DIRECTING TANK OVER BRIDGE (2 SHOTS) 1.34
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
Location:OUTSKIRTS OF GROZNY, CHECHNYA, RUSSIA
Story Text: Russian troops continued to reinforce their lines around Grozny,the capital of breakaway Chechnya, on Sunday (January 22), as they extended their hold on the city.
Heavy tanks, helicopters, trucks and troops moved in the direction of Grozny from the stronghold of Tolstoy Yurt, north-west of the city.
The new reinforcements were six kms (four miles) from the capital and no resistance from the Chechen side was reported.
Russia sent troops into Chechnya on December 11 to crush the region's three-year independence bid. Chechens have put up stiff resistance and Moscow, despite its superior firepower, has been unable gain control over Grozny.
Copyright Notice:(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp