- Title: SWITZERLAND: LUXURY WATCHMAKING EXHIBITION
- Date: 17th April 1998
- Summary: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (APRIL 17, 1998) (RTV) 1. SLV ENTRANCE TO EXHIBITION/HAS PAN INTERIOR EXHIBITION (2 SHOTS) 0.12 2. CU CARTIER'S PARROT-SHAPED WRISTWATCH /CU WRISTWATCHES (2 SHOTS) 0.23 3. CU CARTIER'S SLIDING CLOCK WITH 926 DIAMONDS, 50 EMERALDS AND TWO ENGRAVED RUBIES 0.28 4. SLV PIAGET STAND 0.34 5. SCU MODEL WEARING PIAGET'S MISS PROTOCOLE ZOOM INTO CU WRISTWATCH /SCU /CU PIAGET DISPLAY (3 SHOTS) 0.53 6. CU PIAGET CLOCK ON DISPLAY 0.59 7. SLV ALFRED DUNHILL STAND 1.04 8. MAN LOOKING AT DUNHILL'S DISPLAY/ CU DUNHILL WRISTWATCHES (4 SHOTS) 1.22 9. SLV BAUME AND MERCIER'S CAPELAND STAND /CU WATCH ON WRIST /CU WATCHES ON DISPLAY (4 SHOTS) 1.43 10. SCU VACHERON CONSTANTIN FINEST WATCHES DISPLAY WINDOW/CU WATCHES (4 SHOTS) 2.06 11. MV VISITORS TO EXHIBITION (2 SHOTS) 2.16 12. SCU PANERAI WATCHES IN PORT HOLE STYLE WINDOW DISPLAY 2.21 13. SCU PANERAI'S RADIOMIR WATCH, MADE FOR THE COMMANDERS OF ITALIAN ROYAL NAVY IN 1938 (2 SHOTS) 2.31 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVAC06RCHYF28TUW8O7T847QDU48
- Location: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Duration: 00:02:35
- Story Text: The 8th International Luxury Watchmaking exhibition has opened its doors to display the latest creations in luxury timepieces.
The 8th International Fine Watchmaking Exhibition opened in Geneva on Friday (April 17) to display the latest creations developed in the finest watchmaking tradition.
Internationally renowned brands such as Cartier, Piaget Vacheron Constintin and Baume & Mercier gathered for the event.
One of the most glamourous - and expensive - was Cartier's newest creation - a platinum parrot-shaped wristwatch.With its 424 diamonds, one blue cushion-shaped sapphire, two round emeralds and one mother-or-pearl motif, it is estimated to be worth 500,000 Swiss francs.
"Miss Protocole" featured at the Piaget stand, in a range of precious metal.Prices ranged from approximately 5,700 to 8,500 Swiss francs.
A tiny faceted watch encrusted with or without diamonds was an latest addition to the new collection of watches from Alfred Dunhill.The facets are supposed to symbolise the different aspects of a woman's character.
Baume & Mercier introduced a new masculine watch called Capeland.Made of steel, the timepiece is estimated to be worth from 1,600 to 2,000 Swiss francs.
The exhibition is open for another eight days for those with the time - and the money to visit.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:2nd May 1998 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None