- Title: RUSSIA: Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in St. Petersburg for the G20 summit
- Date: 4th September 2013
- Summary: ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA (RUSSIAN POOL) VARIOUS OF PLANE CARRYING CHINESE PRESIDENT XI JINPING ON TARMAC AIRPORT PLANE ON TARMAC VARIOUS OF XI WALKING DOWN STEPS AND GREETING DELEGATES PEOPLE LEAVING PLANE XI GREETING DELEGATIONS XI GETTING INTO CAR CAR ON TARMAC CHINESE FLAG CAR DRIVING AWAY AIRPORT TERMINAL CAR DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 19th September 2013 13:00
- Location: Russian Federation
- Country: Russia
- Reuters ID: LVACN39CG9MC0SGFTRQEXN0A52KK
- Story Text: Chinese President Xi Jinping landed in St. Petersburg on Wednesday (September 4) on the eve of the G20 summit.
World leaders will gather at a palace outside the northern Russian city on Thursday (September 5) and Friday (September 6).
The world economy as well as the ongoing crisis in Syria are expected to be top of the agenda.
Despite calls from U.S. President Barack Obama and other western leaders to respond to a recent chemical attack in Syria, China and Russia have resisted calls for military intervention in the crisis.
Obama has already confirmed a bilateral meeting with Xi during the summit, and German Chancellor Angela Merkel is also expected to hold talks with the Chinese leader.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None