- Title: Horse riders show off skills at contest in Kyrgyzstan
- Date: 18th April 2017
- Summary: SPECTATORS WATCHING RIDER RECEIVING MEDAL SPECTATORS WATCHING VARIOUS OF RIDER HOLDING UP PRIZE THROUGH WINDOW IN CAR ROOF, CAR DRIVING AWAY (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) ISSYK-KUL STUD FARM EMPLOYEE, KYIMASH RYSALIYEVA, SAYING: "It is the only stud farm in Kyrgyzstan which is used to show nomad life, for breeding racing horses, for national games, to show Kyrgyz culture. 90 years of the farm's work is not little, it is almost a century. People keep developing their culture."
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2017 09:38
- Keywords: Kyrgyzstan horses horse racing Issyk-Kul
- Location: CHOLPON-ATA, KYRGYZSTAN
- City: CHOLPON-ATA, KYRGYZSTAN
- Country: Kyrgyzstan
- Topics: Horse Racing,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0096CXC7Y1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The hills surrounding the picturesque valley next to the Issyk-Kul lake in Kyrgyzstan, were filled with the sound of hoofbeats clicking to the ground as residents and foreign tourists travelled for a horse racing festival.
Some 250 kilometres away from the capital, riders showed their skills galloping on the shore of the famous lake and trying to beat hats off their opponents' head as well as competing to grab the corpse of a goat.
A three-day festival, it is dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the local stud-farm and intended to promote tourism in the country.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None