- Title: USA: Stars shine on the red carpet for the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
- Date: 15th February 2011
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) CYNDI LAUPER, SAYING "We did a wonderful album and it's got some wonderful musicians on it. You know it's the thrill of every singer to go back to the beginning of music for us. Blues is the beginning of rock, pop, hip hop and jazz." TAK MATSUMOTO LL COOL J DIANA KRALL AND ELVIS COSTELLO ON RED CARPET KIM KARDASHIAN ON RED CARPET LEANN RIMES ON RED CARPET YOSHIKI ON RED CARPET (SOUNDBITE) (English) YOSHIKI, SAYING "Just being in the industry and being part of the celebration is great." VARIOUS OF LA ROUX SHOWING OFF GRAMMY WIN FOR BEST ELECTRONIC/DANCE ALBUM PAN FROM GRAMMY STATUE TO RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 2nd March 2011 12:00
- Location: Usa, Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA9OMXP65QISWY77END5F83SKI0
- Story Text: Musicians glittered on the red carpet of the 53rd annual Grammy awards. Some of the A-list celebrities in attendance included Jamie Foxx, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, and Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.
Katy Perry and new husband Russell Brand walked the carpet and Perry glittered with a white sequined gown with wings.
Rihanna walked quickly by cameras but stopped to tease "Jersey Shore" star The Situation.
British singer Florence Welch, lead singer of Florence and the Machine, up for best new artist, talked about how unreal it felt to be at the Grammys.
"Kind of amazing because I recognize it. You know from like photos, I've never been, but like from photos of people on the red carpet. I recognize the chandeliers, the background. And I'm looking around and I go, 'Oh! I'm here. Physically here.' It's amazing," said Welch.
Many of the stars wore a lot of sparkle, Jennifer Lopez wore a short silver dress covered in jewels. Janelle Monae wore a sequined black tuxedo jacket. Miley Cyrus wore a floor length green-brown with heavy beading.
Nicki Minaj turned heads with an animal print get-up and blonde hair piled high on her hear.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None