- Title: FRANCE: French and Brazilian foreign ministers meet to discuss air crash
- Date: 12th June 2009
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 11, 2009) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF FOREIGN MINISTRY BRAZILIAN FOREIGN MINISTER CELSO AMORIN ARRIVES AND WALKS PAST THE CAMERA FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTER BERNARD KOUCHNER GREETS AMORIN AND SHAKE HANDS ROUND TABLE WITH KOUCHNER AND AMORIN AMORIN CLOSE UP / KOUCHNER CLOSE UP ROUND TABLE WITH KOUCHNER AND AMORIN
- Embargoed: 27th June 2009 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: International Relations,Disasters / Accidents / Natural catastrophes
- Reuters ID: LVA6LN4PNT760V3QUGHPU534Y5VM
- Story Text: The Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorin arrived in Paris on Thursday (June 11), where he was greeted by the French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner. The focus of their talks was the the Air France air crash.
The Air France flight 447 crashed into the sea on June 1 enroute from Brazil to Paris, killing all 228 aboard.
Brazilian and French search teams have recovered 41 bodies and debris from the Atlantic some 1,000 km (620 miles) from Brazil's northern coast.
Air accident investigators have said the Airbus 330 registered inconsistent speed readings just before contact was lost, raising speculation that the pilots might inadvertently have flown at the wrong speed and precipitated the disaster.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None