- Title: USA: Fans, media ready for Jenni Rivera public memorial
- Date: 19th December 2012
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (DECEMBER 19, 2012) (REUTERS) ENTRANCE TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD VARIOUS WIDE SHOTS OF PEOPLE LINED UP TO ENTER MEMORIALsystem.scripts. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) PATRICIA HERRERA, SAYING: "I feel very excited, because I will be able to be her this last time because I was never able to attend one of her concert because different reason and I feel very excited, I feel like I'm going to faint, it's a mixed feeling, but at the same time it's sad because this is the last time I'm going to see her." VARIOUS OF PEOPLE IN LINE FAN PLAYING JENNI RIVERA'S MUSIC (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) EDITH CASTRILLO SAYING: "To me honestly, to be outside a couple meters from where she's at, for me it's enough." CROWD OF PEOPLE ARRIVING CLOSE UP OF WHITE ROSES FANS (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MIGUEL TORRES, SAYING: "Personally it was more my wife, not from me, she was the one who introduced us to her beautiful music, we always listened to her music and she was always present." FANS ARRIVING VARIOUS OF MEDIA VARIOUS OF FANS WATCHING THE MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) JULIO PRIETO, SAYING: "A lot, honestly, my wife and myself too, my kids admired her because she was a courageous woman, she never gave up, she went through a lot, she has a lot of issues, she always got up and she did it by herself and I believe that she was a great example for single women." VARIOUS OF FANS IN LINE WITH MEMORABILIA (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MARIELA CANSECO, SAYING: "What it means to me is that this is not the last goodbye, it's simply a memorial because she will always be in our hearts." FANS IN LINE WIDE SHOT OF FAN WITH JENNI RIVERA POSTER CROWD OF PEOPLE WAITING OUTSIDE WITHOUT TICKET
- Embargoed: 3rd January 2013 12:00
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVACB45AEF0OBWWRPKNTM13YXO09
- Story Text: Fans gathered to say goodbye to singer Jenni Rivera on Wednesday (December 19) in Los Angeles. A public memorial service was held for fans to gather and remember the artist.Many broadcast television outlets were set to take the service live.
For many, the event is an emotional one.
"This is not the last goodbye, it's simply a memorial because she will always be in our hearts," said fan Mariela Canseco.
Rivera's plane crashed in a remote, mountainous area in northern Mexico on December 9. It killed all six aboard, including her publicist, lawyer and makeup artists.
Family members and friends will take the stage to talk about Rivera and her legacy.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None