- Title: USA: Polish jazz musician Wlodek Pawlik wins Grammy
- Date: 27th January 2014
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (JANUARY 26, 2014) (REUTERS) STILL PHOTOGRAPH OF WLODEK PAWLIK ACCEPTING GRAMMY AWARD TWO STILL PHOTOGRAPHS OF WLODEK PAWLIK HOLDING GRAMMY AWARD BACKSTAGE
- Embargoed: 11th February 2014 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAC2RR3YTX7FCEUYJKQFMKZWT9J
- Story Text: Polish jazz composer Wlodek Pawlik accepted a Grammy Award for best large jazz ensemble album Sunday (January 26), for his work on "Night in Calisia."
Pawlik, who shared the prize with the other members of the Wlodek Pawlik Trio, as well as American trumpeter Randy Brecker, and the Kalisz Philharmonic, accepted the award alongside his wife Jolanta Pszczolkowska-Pawlik, a co-producer on the album. The Grammy was awarded during the pre-telecast ceremony, during which the bulk of the trophies are handed out.
According to the website of Randy Brecker, the album is "the result of a musical contribution to the celebration of the 1850th anniversary of Kalisz, the oldest city in Poland. The culmination took place in June of 2010 with a concert called 'Night in Calisia'. The event was such a success the musicians decided to go into the studio to record the project nearly two years after the concert. The result is a heartwarming work of art - The world premiere of a truly special project celebrating the city's anniversary."
The 56th Grammy Awards, the music industry's top honors, are handed out by the Recording Academy across 82 categories.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None