- Title: SWITZERLAND: LUCA BRAMATI WINS OPENING ROUND OF CYCLO-CROSS WORLD CUP
- Date: 15th October 1995
- Summary: WANGEN, SWITZERLAND (OCTOBER 15, 1995) 1. WIDE ANGLE AT START 2. CLOSE UP WHEELS 3. RACE STARTS 4. LUCA BRAMATI (52) EVENTUAL WINNER 5. CLOSE UP VARIOUS RIDERS 6. VARIOUS RIDERS OVER OBSTACLE 7. EVENTUAL SECOND PLACED RICHARD GROENENDAAL (21) LEADS BRAMATI (52) AND CHANGES BIKE AS DIETER RUNKEL (44) FOLLOWS 8. CUTAWAY SPECTATOR 9. GROENENDAAL (21), BRAMATI (52), RUNKEL (44) 10. CUTAWAY LOW ANGLE AT BEND 11. BRAMATI (52) LEADS GROENENDAAL 12. CUTAWAY SPECTATORS 13. BRAMATI WINS AND CARRIES HIS BIKE OVER THE LINE IN TRIUMPH 14. GROENENDAAL FINISHES SECOND 15. ON THE PODIUM, BRAMATI IN THE MIDDLE, GROENENDAAL LEFT OF CAMERA AND RUNKEL TO THE RIGHT Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 30th October 1995 12:00
- Location: WANGEN, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Reuters ID: LVA4330ZHYIHVB73XKMDRU5GN8IC
- Story Text: Italy's Luca Bramati won the opening round of the 1995-96 cyclo-cross world cup series in Wangen, south-east of Zurich on Sunday (October 15).
In warm, sunny conditions, the 25-year-old Bramati completed the race in 59 minutes, 51 seconds. Race favourite Richard Groenendaal of the Netherlands came in second, 20 seconds later, with world champion Dieter Runkel of Switzerland taking third.
The 1994-95 world cup winner, Daniele Pontoni of Italy, did not compete because of an injury sustained during training last week.
After the race, Bramati said: "I expected to do well today because I trained well. I thought it was going to be more difficult." Groenendaal commented: "I am a little bit disappointed. Bramati was better today and I am satisfied with the 2nd place. I only was a litle bit tired and I did my best. I have two weeks to train and next time I hope I'll be the best." The next round of the six-round series will take place in Heerlen, the Netherlands on Sunday, October 29.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None