- Title: Shares in Tokyo and Hong Kong mixed after Brexit triggered
- Date: 30th March 2017
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (MARCH 30, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE (TSE) BUILDING SIGN READING (English): "JPX TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE" TSE MARKET CENTER BEFORE MARKET OPENING ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD SHOWING ANIMATION OF TOKYO STOCK MARKET OPENING ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD SHOWING NIKKEI 225 STOCK AVERAGE OPENING AT 19150.82 DOWN 66.66 POINTS FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY TSE MARKET CENTER VARIOUS OF TSE STAFF WORKING REVOLVING STOCK PRICE TICKER TSE MARKET CENTER HONG KONG, CHINA (MARCH 30, 2017) (REUTERS) HONG KONG EXCHANGE SQUARE HONG KONG FLAG STOCK EXCHANGE AT OPENING BELL STOCKS BOARD VARIOUS OF STOCKS TICKER VARIOUS OF BOARD SHOWING HANG SENG INDEX DOWN 0.03 PERCENT VARIOUS OF TRADER ON THE PHONE
- Embargoed: 13th April 2017 03:50
- Keywords: Tokyo Stock Exchange Brexit Dow Jones
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN/HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN/HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Various
- Reuters ID: LVA0016A5HRUT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Japanese stocks were down slightly on Thursday (March 30), with reaction to the formal announcement of Britain's intention to leave the European Union muted on the Tokyo bourse.
Japan's Nikkei average opened at 19150.82, down 0.35 percent mostly tracking an overnight fall in the Dow Jones Industrial average.
In Hong Kong, Hang Seng index opened at 24,429.12 points, up 0.15 percent from the previous trading day.
Prime Minister Theresa May formally began Britain's exit from the European Union on Wednesday (March 29), launching a two-year negotiation process before the divorce comes into effect in late March 2019.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None