- Title: Russian investigators confirm Jalilov as man behind metro blast
- Date: 4th April 2017
- Summary: ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA (APRIL 4, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE OUTSIDE SENNAYA PLOSHCHAD METRO STATION / FLOWERS BY ENTRANCE
- Embargoed: 18th April 2017 16:15
- Keywords: Russia St Petersburg metro blast Investigative Committee
- Location: MOSCOW AND ST PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW AND ST PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026AZIEDJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russia's state investigative committee on Tuesday (April 4) named Akbarzhon Jalilov as the man behind the St Petersburg metro blast, confirming an earlier statement from Kyrgyzstan's security services.
The committee said its investigation had identified Jalilov, whose genetic traces were also found on a bag containing an explosive device.
"From the genetic evidence and the surveillance cameras there is reason to believe that the person behind the terrorist act in the train carriage, was the same one who left a bag with an explosive device at the Ploshchad Vosstaniya station," said the committee's spokeswoman Svetlana Petrenko in a televised statement.
The blast on Monday has killed 14 people so far and injured almost 50.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None