- Title: Putin praises cooperation between Eurasian Economic Union members
- Date: 14th April 2017
- Summary: BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN (APRIL 14, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PRESIDENTS OF (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) ARMENIA - SERZH SARGSYAN, BELARUS - ALEXANDER LUKASHENKO, KAZAKHSTAN - NURSULTAN NAZARBAYEV, KYRGYZSTAN - ALMAZBEK ATAMBAYEV, RUSSIA - VLADIMIR PUTIN, MOLDOVA - IGOR DODON, AND OFFICIAL POSING FOR PICTURE KAZAKH PRESIDENT NAZARBAYEV, KYRGYZ PRESIDENT ATAMBAYEV AND RUSSIAN PRESIDENT PUTIN POSING FOR PICTURE CAMERA FILMING EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION MEETING IN PROGRESS KYRGYZ PRESIDENT ATAMBAYEV SPEAKING RUSSIAN DELEGATION LISTENING / PUTIN TAKING NOTES MOLDOVA'S PRESIDENT DODON SPEAKING PUTIN AND RUSSIAN FIRST DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER IGOR SHUVALOV LISTENING KAZAKH PRESIDENT NAZARBAYEV SPEAKING ARMENIA'S PRESIDENT SARGSYAN LISTENING
- Embargoed: 28th April 2017 18:01
- Keywords: Russia Kyrgyzstan CIS Eurasian Economic Union Vladimir Putin Bishkek Eurasian Economic Union CSTO
- Location: BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN
- City: BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN
- Country: Kyrgyzstan
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016CDG3SP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russia's President Vladimir Putin said on Friday (April 14) that cooperation between the member countries of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) has been successful and should be extended.
Speaking at the EEU meeting in the Kyrgyz capital Bishkek, Putin said the countries' agriculture and industry sectors had grown, but that all had suffered from negative effects from their "external environment".
Western powers imposed sanctions on Russia three years ago, leading to detrimental effects on all countries in the CIS, the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Presidents of the CIS countries also took part in a meeting of the Collective Security Treaty Organization.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None