- Title: Ballots, envelopes in referendum are valid - Turkish electoral board
- Date: 17th April 2017
- Summary: ANKARA, TURKEY (APRIL 17, 2017) (REUTERS) CAMERAMAN
- Embargoed: 1st May 2017 11:14
- Keywords: Turkey referendum Erdogan opposition polls High Electoral Board
- Location: ANKARA, TURKEY
- City: ANKARA, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA0056CSDH6V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: ++ EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: AUDIO AS INCOMING ++
Ballots and envelopes provided to voters in Turkey's referendum on Sunday (April 16) were produced by the High Electoral Board (YSK) and valid, the head of the board said on Monday (April 17).
Speaking to reporters in Ankara, YSK Chairman Sadi Guven said a last-minute decision by the board to allow unstamped ballots in the referendum was not unprecedented as the government had previously permitted such a move.
The "No" campaign has said the decision raised questions about the validity of the vote.
Following the vote on Sunday, Guven said the decision was taken before results were entered into the system, and that members of the ruling AK Party and the main opposition were present at almost all polling stations and signed off on reports.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None