- Title: Volvo sees room for SUV sales in China
- Date: 19th April 2017
- Summary: SHANGHAI, CHINA (APRIL 19, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE WALKING IN INTERIOR OF EXHIBITION HALL VOLKSWAGEN ALL NEW TIGUAN R-LINE CAR ON DISPLAY CAR LIGHT MAN OPENING CAR DOOR STEERING WHEEL PEOPLE STANDING AT AUDI DISPLAY AUDI A3 40 TFSI CAR ON DISPLAY SIGNING ON FRONT OF CAR READING (English): "A3 40 TFSI" CAMERAMAN FILMING WITH CAR DOOR OPEN CAR LIGHT AUDI CEO RUPERT STADLER TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) AUDI CEO RUPERT STADLER SAYING: "Product, product, product. Technology and innovation. And when it comes to digitalisation, you have to be at the forefront. This is of course a very tough game. We all feel fierce competition and Mercedes is not the only one. There are a lot of other competitors around us. And of course we started a very heavy product programme and offensive, which is coming now to the market." PEOPLE WALKING IN INTERIOR OF EXHIBITION HALL LIGHT OF VOLVO S90 VOLVO S90 ON DISPLAY MAN SITTING IN CAR VOLVO LOGO ON STEERING WHEEL MAN GETTING INTO VOLVO S90 SIGNING ON BACK OF CAR READING (English): "S90" PRESIDENT AND CEO OF VOLVO CAR GROUP, HAKAN SAMUELSSON, TALKING TO REPORTER (SOUNDBITE) (English) PRESIDENT AND CEO OF VOLVO CAR GROUP, HAKAN SAMUELSSON, SAYING: "We believe in the SUV, and why? I mean it's because it's a convenient car, it's easy to step in and out. You sit in a big tyre, you have a good visibility and I hear from a lot of customers that they feel safe sitting in big tyre. So I think these are the things arriving, but it's of course up to the consumers. But we are ready to sell more SUVs definitely also in China." PEOPLE WALKING AT VOLVO DISPLAY VARIOUS OF VOLVO V90 CAR ON DISPLAY MAN OPENING TRUNK MAN'S HANDING MOVING PART IN TRUNK MAN CLOSING TRUNK PEOPLE WALKING IN INTERIOR OF EXHIBITION HALL BMW 5 SERIES LI CAR ON DISPLAY PEOPLE TAKING PHOTOS OF BMW CAR MAN SITTING IN BMW CAR VARIOUS OF BACK OF BMW CAR
- Embargoed: 3rd May 2017 13:18
- Keywords: Shanghai auto show Volvo sees room for SUV sales China
- Location: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0016D2EUKL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Volvo said on Wednesday (April 19) that they see more room for SUV sales in China while Audi said they will push digitalisation in the industry at a media event ahead of the Shanghai auto show, which opens later this week.
Audi CEO Rupert Stadler said digitalisation in the auto industry was a rough game but they had to be at the forefront.
President and CEO of Volvo Car Group, Hakan Samuelsson, told Reuters that they got prepared for more sales growth of SUVs in China.
The Shanghai autoshow opens to the public on Friday (April 21).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None