- Title: Automakers charge ahead with electrics in China
- Date: 19th April 2017
- Summary: TOYOTA EV CAR ON DISPLAY LOGO OF EV TOYOTA EV VEHICLES ON DISPLAY LOGO OF FUEL CELL VARIOUS OF TOYOTA EV CAR ON DISPLAY
- Embargoed: 3rd May 2017 11:07
- Keywords: shanghai auto show china electric cars
- Location: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0036D2DSN9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: International car makers put the eyes on the booming electric vehicle market in China as Shanghai auto show kicked off on Wednesday (April 19).
Jaguar Land Rover Technical Design Director Wolfgang Ziebart said electric vehicle has becoming luxury product China, the world's largest EV market.
Volkswagen sales chief Juergen Stackmann said they committed to remaining the leading position in the market.
Reuters reported in March, citing industry executives, that China was considering easing proposed quotas aimed at producing more electric vehicles.
China has strongly supported and subsidized electric vehicles, but is gradually swapping out incentives for hard targets automakers must meet.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None