- Title: Monaco's mentality can't change ahead of Dortmund clash says Falcao
- Date: 18th April 2017
- Summary: MONTE CARLO, MONACO (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) MONACO CAPTAIN AND STRIKER, RADAMEL FALCAO, ENTERING NEWS CONFERENCE FALCAO NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MONACO CAPTAIN AND STRIKER, RADAMEL FALCAO, SAYING: "My role won't only be important tomorrow, I try to give to the team daily, to bring my experience to the young high-quality players that we have in our group. This year they overcame hurdles in their performance and tomorrow I will try to deliver the same thing." LA TURBIE, FRANCE (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MONACO TEAM WALKING MONACO COACH, LEONARDO JARDIM, WALKING VARIOUS OF TEAM MEMBERS RUNNING ON PITCH FALCAO RUNNING ON PITCH MONACO TEAM GIVING HIGH-FIVES TEAM PRACTISING ON PITCH MONTE CARLO, MONACO (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MONACO CAPTAIN AND STRIKER, RADAMEL FALCAO, SAYING: "With regards to the last match, our mentality can't change, we know we had a very good result, which is very important, but nothing is decided, it's up to us to continue playing our game, respecting the fundamentals and the system of our game as we've done since the beginning of the season. Tomorrow won't be different, we'll play the same as we've been playing since the beginning of the season." LA TURBIE, FRANCE (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MONACO TEAM JOGGING ON PITCH JARDIM WATCHING VARIOUS OF MONACO TEAM EXERCISING ON PITCH MONTE CARLO, MONACO (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (French) MONACO COACH, LEONARDO JARDIM, SAYING: "Our team is used to playing with its DNA, we don't want to change that, because that's what we're used to, that's why we're still working, we want to keep this momentum, because we're halfway through the quarterfinal, maybe we have to do more tomorrow to make the team qualify, and we're waiting for a much stronger Dortmund. The match can have two situations - the first situation, is that they've digested what has happened, I saw the match on Saturday (against Eintracht Frankfurt), they played well, and they also have (Gonzalo) Castro and (Marco) Reus who are two very important players for them." NEWS CONFERENCE ENDING LA TURBIE, FRANCE (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MONACO TEAM KICKING BALL JARDIM WATCHING VARIOUS OF TEAM KICKING BALL
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2017 22:38
- Keywords: Football soccer Dormund Monaco Champions League
- Location: MONTE CARLO, MONACO AND LA TURBIE, FRANCE
- City: MONTE CARLO, MONACO AND LA TURBIE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016CXG3SV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: SPANISH TRANSLATION PROVIDED BY ORGANISERS ON THE GROUND
Monaco's mentality "can't change" as they prepare to play Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League quarterfinal second leg, captain and striker Radamel Falcao said on Tuesday (April 18).
Coach Leonardo Jardim said the team was used to playing with its "DNA" and that he wanted to keep up the momentum.
Dortmund have a one-goal deficit against Monaco after losing their quarterfinal first leg following an attack on the team bus.
Three explosions rocked the Borussia coach on its way to the stadium in Germany last Tuesday, causing the match to be postponed for 24 hours. Monaco then won Wednesday's game 3-2.
It is still unclear who carried out the attack that injured Dortmund defender Marc Bartra.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None