- Title: Barcelona confident they can stage a comeback against Juventus
- Date: 18th April 2017
- Summary: BARCELONA, SPAIN (APRIL 18, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) MIDFIELDER ANDRES INIESTA ARRIVING AT NEWS CONFERENCE ROOM INIESTA DRINKING WATER FROM A BOTTLE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) BARCELONA MIDFIELDER, ANDRES INIESTA, SAYING: "I think the result is very bad for us because we didn't do things right and the result is difficult in Europe and with the opponent we have before us, but we have potential, arguments, players to be able to turn this around or at least be close to doing so, that's what we have to try and we have to try to take the match in that direction." PLAYERS TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) BARCELONA MIDFIELDER, ANDRES INIESTA, SAYING: "In a certain way it is very similar (to the PSG match). We need to score, to grant the rival very few options or practically none, that has to be our mentality and vision of the match from the first minute, try to score goals, the sooner the better." PLAYERS TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) BARCELONA MIDFIELDER, ANDRES INIESTA, SAYING: "One thing that we have not achieved this year is consistency, consistency in matches, in competitions and this has led us to our current situation. We cannot fool ourselves, but it also makes us a little more dangerous as it did against PSG." PLAYERS TRAINING INIESTA LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE ROOM COACH LUIS ENRIQUE MARTINEZ ARRIVING AT NEWS CONFERENCE ROOM LUIS ENRIQUE DRINKING WATER FROM A BOTTLE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) BARCELONA COACH, LUIS ENRIQUE, SAYING: "With the result we have in this knock-out stage is one in which we have nothing to lose and this releases the pressure and makes the opponent feel the semi-final is in their pocket and will have to decide whether to play in the back or attack, multiple decisions that will be important and we only have one option: to attack, attack, attack and, when we relax a little bit, start attacking again." PLAYERS TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) BARCELONA COACH, LUIS ENRIQUE, SAYING: "Tomorrow there are similar circumstances (to the PSG match), we have to score fewer goals, we do not need to score the four that we needed (against PSG), this time we only need three and, considering that the opponent will likely have options and that they can score, our objective is to score five goals." PLAYERS TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) BARCELONA COACH, LUIS ENRIQUE, SAYING: "Before any game the task of the coach is to be calm and make decisions about what we must and must not do and we will see tomorrow. I don't know how the game will start and how Juve will play but we will try to play our own game." PLAYERS TRAINING LUIS ENRIQUE LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE ROOM
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2017 16:43
- Keywords: Barcelona Luis Enrique Iniesta Champions League Juventus
- Location: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- City: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026CXEOFZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta is confident the Catalans can launch another remarkable Champions League comeback as they look to overturn a 3-0 quarter-final deficit against Juventus on Wednesday (April 19).
Just as they had done in the previous round, when Barcelona overcame a 4-0 first-leg deficit to eliminate Paris St Germain, the Spanish giants will be relying on the attackers Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar to produce another magical performance if they are to reach the semi-finals.
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said his team will need to "attack, attack, attack and, when we relax a little bit, start attacking again" if they want to have any chance of completing another improbable comeback in the Champions League.
The Spanish coach insisted his team will try to score five goals on Wednesday night against the visiting Italians.
Javier Mascherano has recovered from a calf injury and is available for Nou Camp match.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None